Lockup of toolbar

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Lee Davison, Dec 11, 2003.

  1. Lee Davison

    Lee Davison Guest

    I foolishly installed Grokster a couple of days ago and im still trying to
    clean the carnage ive created. I uninstalled it nearly straight away but of
    course this still left me with all the crud and spyware it has thrown onto
    my system. I have used Ad-aware to clean the spyware (11 items) and System
    Mechanic to clean the registry/temp files, and I have manually unistalled
    anything that I don't recognise and deleted the parent folders. However.. im
    now suffering from frequent - every 5mins - lockups of the system bar at the
    base of my screen. Say I have a window open, it might lockup so I have to
    ctrl alt delete to get rid of the window, according to the "close program"
    box its gone yet it is still on my grey display bar at the bottom. I cant
    access the clock, the start, any of the mini program icons like windows
    media player. When it doesn't lockup it is almost as if the computer is 3
    seconds behind, ie I might maximize a window and 3 seconds later it will
    actually maximize on screen. I have freeram running and this shows a normal
    350MB spare RAM. In fact it has just done it again, I have only this word
    document (saving every min) and Belarc Advisor open. I have noticed a prog
    running called wjview but im not sure if this was there before
    I realise that Grokster has screwed things up and lesson learnt but if
    anyone could help with getting the comp back to rights it would be much
    appreciated. Ive listed below the info I think youll need, anything else
    please ask and ill post back.
    Thanks all,
    Lee

    Win ME
    AMD 2200XP
    512mb ddr ram
    ie6, oe6

    --
    www.geocities.com/ldavison10

    Lee Davison, Dec 11, 2003

  2. Lee Davison

    °Mike° Guest

    System restore.

    Description of the System Restore Utility in Windows ME

    On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 21:37:31 +0000 (UTC), in
    <brao2q$ai2$>
    Lee Davison scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Dec 11, 2003

  3. Lee Davison

    Harrison Guest

    Download, install, update, and run the following programs:
    Adaware - http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    Spybot Search and Destroy - http://security.kolla.de/
    Spyware Blaster - http://www.wilderssecurity.net/spywareblaster.html

    The first two find and root out spyware, adware, hijackers, and
    dialers.
    The second one will protect your system from further infection by such
    diseases.

    Harrison, Dec 11, 2003
  4. Lee Davison

    Juan Pérez Guest

    wjview is Microsoft® VM Command Line Interpreter.

    In news:brao2q$ai2$,
    Lee Davison <> typed:

    --
    Juan