Locking your remote computer

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Tech Guy, Apr 5, 2011.

  1. Tech Guy

    Tech Guy Guest

    Tech Guy, Apr 5, 2011

  2. Tech Guy

    Steve Foster Guest

    Tech Guy wrote:

    > Using simple VB Script you can lock your computer. Following is the
    > code to lock the computer

    Or, just hit WIN+L.

    If you're going to try and push a tips site, at least make sure they're
    actually useful!

    --
    Steve Foster
    For SSL Certificates, Domains, etc, visit.:
    Steve Foster, Apr 6, 2011

  3. Tech Guy

    Bill Sharpe Guest

    I just tried the WIN+L. It locks the Host computer, not the Remote
    computer. (Host Win7, Remote WHS)

    --
    _________________

    BullDawg
    In God We Trust
    _________________

    Bill Sharpe, Apr 7, 2011
  4. Tech Guy

    Steve Foster Guest

    Bill Sharpe wrote:

    > I just tried the WIN+L. It locks the Host computer, not the Remote
    > computer. (Host Win7, Remote WHS)

    Hehe, I didn't see the remote bit in the subject. I was just working
    from the message content.

    Keyboard shortcuts in RDP sessions are a little different than usual.

    Mind you, locking an active remote desktop session is inherently
    pointless (the actual machine will appear locked already).

    Steve Foster, Apr 7, 2011