    Ie. so I can leave it on while my friends are in my room but they can only
    use Windows Media Player and thats it?

    Cheers

    Bertie, May 27, 2004

  2. Bertie

    Leythos Guest

    In article <>, says...
    > Is it possible to lock my pc so that only a single application can be used?
    > Ie. so I can leave it on while my friends are in my room but they can only
    > use Windows Media Player and thats it?

    You can set media player to play a group of songs, then lock the console
    and password it, then you can leave.

    (Remove 999 to reply to me)

    Leythos, May 27, 2004

  3. Bertie

    Bertie Guest

    Yeah, but I want them to have the ability to change the songs - is this
    possible?

    Bertie, May 27, 2004
  4. Bertie

    Rasta Robert Guest

    On Thu, 27 May 2004 at 09:01 GMT, Bertie <> wrote:
    > Yeah, but I want them to have the ability to change the songs - is this
    > possible?

    You could try setting mediaplayer as the shell.

    RR--//->
    --
    <http://rr.www.cistron.nl/> -!- <http://www.rr.dds.nl/>

    Rasta Robert, May 27, 2004
  5. Bertie

    johns Guest

    Yes, if you are running W2k or XP. Read up on using
    gpedit.msc, and then go start - run - type gpedit.msc
    Go down to User Config .. Admin Templates,
    and look carefully through all those options. Under
    System, there is an option: Run Only allowed Win Apps.
    Enable it, and add the exe of the program that you
    will allow to run. NOW !!!!! I HAVE NEVER DONE
    THIS ONE :) I highly recommend ... ?? ... uhh ... well
    ..... I don't know if doing that will totally shut you out
    or what. Messing with gpedit can do that too !!!!
    But if it does not shut you out, from running gpedit
    again, then just put an icon on another user desktop
    for the program that you will allow, and log out of
    your account, and into the "friends" account. Just for
    safety, maybe also include gpedit.msc in your allow
    list. Hooha! Nothing like taking a chance. Good luck.
    Oh yes. When you come back just disable the "allow
    list" in gpedit. Note: with a little experience, there is
    probably a less "brute force" way to do this, but I
    doubt it. I'm not kidding about the dangers of gpedit.
    READ FIRST :)

    johns

    johns, May 27, 2004