    be able to click on Task Bar and activate it.
    Any advice would be appreciated.

    TIA
    ZaMir, Oct 16, 2004

  2. ZaMir

    Toolman Tim Guest

    >| Hi all
    >|
    >| Can anyone help me to unlock task bar in W98?
    >| It is my office PC and probably that happened after installation of
    >| SP1 during local area networking.
    >| I tried
    >| Ctrl-Esc
    >| +Esc
    >| +Alt-Spacebar
    >| +Size
    >| but after that cursor had not changed in four-headed form required in
    >| order to pull task bar up.
    >| Also, I tried with Windows key i.e. Start-Settings-Task Bar but had
    >| not be able to click on Task Bar and activate it.
    >| Any advice would be appreciated.
    >|
    >| TIA

    HUH? You can't LOCK the taskbar in Windows 98, only XP. Do you mean that you
    dragged the taskbar size down to where it is no longer visible on the bottom
    of the screen? If so, hover your cursor over the bottom edge of the screen
    until you get a double arrow (up and down) then drag up.

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~
    Toolman Tim, Oct 16, 2004

  3. ZaMir

    ZaMir Guest

    .."Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >| Hi all
    >|
    >| Can anyone help me to unlock task bar in W98?
    >| It is my office PC and probably that happened after installation of
    >| SP1 during local area networking.
    >| I tried
    >| Ctrl-Esc
    >| +Esc
    >| +Alt-Spacebar
    >| +Size
    >| but after that cursor had not changed in four-headed form required in
    >| order to pull task bar up.
    >| Also, I tried with Windows key i.e. Start-Settings-Task Bar but had
    >| not be able to click on Task Bar and activate it.
    >| Any advice would be appreciated.
    >|
    >| TIA

    HUH? You can't LOCK the taskbar in Windows 98, only XP. Do you mean that
    you
    dragged the taskbar size down to where it is no longer visible on the
    bottom
    of the screen? If so, hover your cursor over the bottom edge of the
    screen
    until you get a double arrow (up and down) then drag up.

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

    Tim

    first of all thank you for your prompt answer. I have not been quite
    clear.
    After installation of sp1 and upon bootup task bar is locked i.e. hidden
    so that I can not pull up and use quick launch buttons.. Naturally, I
    tried to get a double arrow cursor but with no success.

    Thanks for assistance
    ZaMir, Oct 16, 2004
  4. ZaMir

    Toolman Tim Guest

    >| >|
    >| >|

    >| HUH? You can't LOCK the taskbar in Windows 98, only XP. Do you mean
    >| that you
    >| dragged the taskbar size down to where it is no longer visible on the
    >| bottom
    >| of the screen? If so, hover your cursor over the bottom edge of the
    >| screen
    >| until you get a double arrow (up and down) then drag up.
    >|

    >| Tim
    >|
    >| first of all thank you for your prompt answer. I have not been quite
    >| clear.
    >| After installation of sp1 and upon bootup task bar is locked i.e.
    >| hidden so that I can not pull up and use quick launch buttons..
    >| Naturally, I tried to get a double arrow cursor but with no success.
    >|
    >| Thanks for assistance

    Check this suggestion from Microsoft - BE CAREFUL if you edit your registry
    (make a backup first!):
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;247502

    Everything else I've read says the same thing I already did...
    http://www.felgall.com/doswin21.htm
    http://home.earthlink.net/~leetutor/DoWin/Taskbar/hidntbar.htm
    http://home.earthlink.net/~leetutor/FixWin/DeskTask/misstbar.htm

    Plus there's this old article about a virus that may be an issue:
    http://aroundcny.com/technofile/texts/tec112402.html
    Toolman Tim, Oct 16, 2004
  5. ZaMir

    >| >|
    >| >|

    >| HUH? You can't LOCK the taskbar in Windows 98, only XP. Do you mean
    >| that you
    >| dragged the taskbar size down to where it is no longer visible on the
    >| bottom
    >| of the screen? If so, hover your cursor over the bottom edge of the
    >| screen
    >| until you get a double arrow (up and down) then drag up.
    >|

    >| Tim
    >|
    >| first of all thank you for your prompt answer. I have not been quite
    >| clear.
    >| After installation of sp1 and upon bootup task bar is locked i.e.
    >| hidden so that I can not pull up and use quick launch buttons..
    >| Naturally, I tried to get a double arrow cursor but with no success.
    >|
    >| Thanks for assistance

    Check this suggestion from Microsoft - BE CAREFUL if you edit your
    registry
    (make a backup first!):
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;247502

    Everything else I've read says the same thing I already did...
    http://www.felgall.com/doswin21.htm
    http://home.earthlink.net/~leetutor/DoWin/Taskbar/hidntbar.htm
    http://home.earthlink.net/~leetutor/FixWin/DeskTask/misstbar.htm

    Plus there's this old article about a virus that may be an issue:
    http://aroundcny.com/technofile/texts/tec112402.html

    Well done Tim

    It was detailed and on the topic answer. In my case probably it is a
    Registry corruption. Tomorrow in the office I am going first to bootup
    in a safe mode (found that recommendation in Goggle) and after that if
    it is necessary to delete suggested registry key.
    It is great benefit of this newsgroup that there are people like you,
    Mike and several others.

    Once more thank you very much.
    ZaMir, Oct 17, 2004
  6. ZaMir

    Toolman Tim Guest

    >| "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >| >| >|
    >| >| >|
    >| >|
    >| >|
    >| >|
    >| >|
    >| >|

    >| Check this suggestion from Microsoft - BE CAREFUL if you edit your
    >| registry
    >| (make a backup first!):
    >| http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;247502
    >|
    >| Everything else I've read says the same thing I already did...
    >| http://www.felgall.com/doswin21.htm
    >| http://home.earthlink.net/~leetutor/DoWin/Taskbar/hidntbar.htm
    >| http://home.earthlink.net/~leetutor/FixWin/DeskTask/misstbar.htm
    >|
    >| Plus there's this old article about a virus that may be an issue:
    >| http://aroundcny.com/technofile/texts/tec112402.html
    >|

    >| Well done Tim
    >|
    >| It was detailed and on the topic answer. In my case probably it is a
    >| Registry corruption. Tomorrow in the office I am going first to
    >| bootup in a safe mode (found that recommendation in Goggle) and
    >| after that if it is necessary to delete suggested registry key.
    >| It is great benefit of this newsgroup that there are people like you,
    >| Mike and several others.
    >|
    >| Once more thank you very much.

    You're welcome - good luck. I hope something there is able to fix your
    problem.

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~
    Toolman Tim, Oct 17, 2004