    amd 64 3800 dual-core processor-asus A8N-SLI deluxe motherboard- 2 gigs of
    corsair ram -geforce 7800 gt oc 256mb vid card- 520w modstream power
    supply-mx5000 wireless keyboard-g7 laser mouse

    =?Utf-8?B?dHlsZXI=?=, Dec 22, 2005

  2. Hey Tyler,

    Have you tried taking ownership of the files, that should help?

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308421&sd=tech
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    "tyler" <> wrote in message
    > when i installed widows 64 over windows xp some files got locked and i

    cant

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Dec 22, 2005

  3. Hmm, terrible misintepretation on my part, I thought they were some where
    and he wanted to recover them.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Dec 22, 2005
  4. I know. It is possible to install using the current operating system
    instead of a format, but it is not supported because of the problems this
    user is encountering when files are left on the drive prior to the
    installation. They just don't get it that a roll-your-own upgrade doesn't
    work out.

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 22, 2005
  5. XP Pro x64 requires a clean install.

    --