    the camera for this file, and if so how is it
    fixed?

    Peter

    Peter Jason, Dec 26, 2012

  2. Peter Jason

    Rob Guest

    On 26/12/2012 3:07 PM, Peter Jason wrote:
    > I downloaded all the photos from the camera to
    > Windows Explorer.
    >
    > One of the photos is "locked" and cannot be
    > PShopped or deleted.
    >
    > The 'properties' of this file is the same as all
    > the others.
    >
    > Could this be caused by the 'delete protect' on
    > the camera for this file, and if so how is it
    > fixed?
    >
    > Peter

    Will unlocker enable access to the file?
    http://www.filehippo.com/download_unlocker/

    Rob, Dec 26, 2012

  3. Peter Jason

    Mayayana Guest

    In addition to Rob's advice, you might try just
    right-drag -> Copy Here. The second copy shouldn't
    be locked.

    There's no "delete protect" function in Windows.
    There can be read-only file properties and there
    can be restrictions on NTFS systems (mostly Vista/7).
    File restrictions, like DRM and read-only PDF files,
    are only possible because specific software is designed
    to respect markers in the files.

    What you're describing is all-too-common.(At least on
    XP. It wasn't so bad on Win9x.) It seems to happen due
    to quirky, ambiguous operations: For instance, one copies
    a file by dragging and accidentally performs some other
    operation with the mouse at the same moment. Windows
    gets confused and thinks the file is locked open by a program.
    Since no program locked it, no program can unlock it.

    Mayayana, Dec 26, 2012