lock window positions

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by °Mike°, Jul 20, 2004.

  1. °Mike°

    °Mike° Guest

    Somebody who actually *likes* pop ups! WOW!

    It depends on whether the javascript in the web page
    is positioning the pop ups or not.

    What screen resolution are you using?

    What position do new windows (CTRL+N) open in?

    On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 18:57:33 GMT, in
    <xWdLc.230$>
    Leonard Rowe scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jul 20, 2004

  2. °Mike°

    °Mike° Guest

    It may be that the web pages you are using use
    javascript to open the popups to a certain place
    and size. Try this:

    Close all instances of Internet Explorer except one.
    Open a new window, and close the original.
    Type (case sensitive) the following into the address
    bar.
    XXX,XXX is your preferred position.
    YYY,YYY is your preferred window size.

    javascript:moveTo(XXX,XXX);resizeTo(YYY,YYY)

    Press ENTER.

    When the new window re-sizes, hold the CTRL key and
    close the window. New windows should now open at
    your preferred position and size.

    Examples:
    javascript:moveTo(0,0);resizeTo(800,600)
    javascript:moveTo(100,0);resizeTo(640,480)

    On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 19:34:28 GMT, in
    <8teLc.371$>
    Leonard Rowe scrawled:

    Leonard Rowe, Jul 20, 2004