    Tried system restore to before problem, but no joy.

    Thanks for looking

    Nick

    delete_this, Jun 28, 2007

  2. delete_this

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 17:08:24 +0100, delete_this wrote:

    >Has anyne any ideas about this?
    >XP home.
    >Logs onto a user just fine, but if I then change users, it locks up.

    Don't use - switching users.

    >No mouse action, Ctrl/Alt/Del gets it moving again (pointer), but
    >hourglass activity on task bar and clicking doesn't do anything.
    >Have to re-star and log on as other user.
    >Tried system restore to before problem, but no joy.

    System Restore will do what to solve that issue?

    >Thanks for looking

    You too.

    Here,
    http://www.google.com/search?q=xp home switching user lock up

    Windows XP Home locks up returning to the welcome screen
    Report as spam Post 1 of 1; Windows XP Home locks up returning to the
    welcome screen: I have a system running Windows XP Home, when you
    manually swith users ...
    http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-6230-0.html?forumID=101&threadID=225604&start=0
    - 38k - Cached - Similar pages

    Fast User Switching Resources on TechRepublic
    problem switching users in Windows XP: Whenever I try to switch users I
    get a blank screen and my computer locks up.Any suggestions?Try
    disabling Fast User ...
    http://search.techrepublic.com.com/search/Fast User Switching.html - 40k
    - 26 Jun 2007 - Cached - Similar pages

    >Nick

    Me

    why?, Jun 28, 2007

  3. delete_this

    delete_this Guest

    why? wrote:
    > On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 17:08:24 +0100, delete_this wrote:
    >
    >> Has anyne any ideas about this?
    >> XP home.
    >> Logs onto a user just fine, but if I then change users, it locks up.

    > Don't use - switching users.

    How do I switch users?
    windows L just gets me to the switch screen.
    As soon as I log on another user, it stops.

    >> No mouse action, Ctrl/Alt/Del gets it moving again (pointer), but
    >> hourglass activity on task bar and clicking doesn't do anything.
    >> Have to re-star and log on as other user.
    >> Tried system restore to before problem, but no joy.

    > System Restore will do what to solve that issue?
    >
    >> Thanks for looking

    > You too.
    >
    > Here,
    > http://www.google.com/search?q=xp home switching user lock up

    I couldn't really see an answer here.

    > Windows XP Home locks up returning to the welcome screen
    > Report as spam Post 1 of 1; Windows XP Home locks up returning to the
    > welcome screen: I have a system running Windows XP Home, when you
    > manually swith users ...
    > http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-6230-0.html?forumID=101&threadID=225604&start=0
    > - 38k - Cached - Similar pages
    >
    > Fast User Switching Resources on TechRepublic
    > problem switching users in Windows XP: Whenever I try to switch users I
    > get a blank screen and my computer locks up.Any suggestions?Try
    > disabling Fast User ...
    > http://search.techrepublic.com.com/search/Fast User Switching.html - 40k
    > - 26 Jun 2007 - Cached - Similar pages

    Or here.

    >> Nick

    > Me

    Still puzzled.

    Bye the way, I have no idea why my user name comes up as 'delete this'
    I put it in my email address to stop spam.
    But news name is different

    delete_this, Jun 28, 2007
  4. delete_this

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 18:03:52 +0100, delete_this wrote:

    >why? wrote:
    >> On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 17:08:24 +0100, delete_this wrote:
    >>
    >>> Has anyne any ideas about this?
    >>> XP home.
    >>> Logs onto a user just fine, but if I then change users, it locks up.

    >> Don't use - switching users.

    Don't use - switching users.

    >How do I switch users?

    Logout 1 user and login another user.

    >windows L just gets me to the switch screen.
    >As soon as I log on another user, it stops.
    >
    >>> No mouse action, Ctrl/Alt/Del gets it moving again (pointer), but
    >>> hourglass activity on task bar and clicking doesn't do anything.
    >>> Have to re-star and log on as other user.
    >>> Tried system restore to before problem, but no joy.

    >> System Restore will do what to solve that issue?
    >>
    >>> Thanks for looking

    >> You too.
    >>
    >> Here,
    >> http://www.google.com/search?q=xp home switching user lock up

    >I couldn't really see an answer here.

    At least you looked, I wasn't going to read all the info.

    If nothing was suitable change the keywords , change the order you may
    get a better hit.

    >> Windows XP Home locks up returning to the welcome screen

    <snip>

    >Still puzzled.
    >
    >Bye the way, I have no idea why my user name comes up as 'delete this'
    >I put it in my email address to stop spam.
    >But news name is different

    You are posting with

    Don't use TB, but it's in the account settings, try
    http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/menu#editaccountsettings
    Account Settings...
    Displays the Account Settings window, where you can change settings
    specific to each email, newsgroups, and RSS account. This menu item is
    only visible in Linux. In Windows and Mac, Tools > Account Settings...
    is used instead.

    Preferences...
    Displays the Preferences window, where you can change many
    preferences in Thunderbird. This menu item is only visible in Linux. In
    Windows, Tools > Options... is used instead; and on Mac OS X,
    Thunderbird > Preferences... is used.

    However your whole approach to stopping spam is wrong,

    delete_this <"NOTTNICK(delete_this)"<snipped>>

    As @bellows.org.uk ( the > is easy to remove) is a valid domain, spam
    gets sent to the mail server @bellows.org.uk it then tries to deliver
    mail to the account <"NOTTNICK(delete_this)" it can't.

    You don't get the spam, but your mail server does and it tries several
    times and maybe sends non deliverable messages backout to the server the
    spam came from.

    A few articles on how to / or common practices to munge an address.
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/munad.htm

    Me

    why?, Jun 28, 2007
  5. delete_this

    NOTTNICK Guest

    "delete_this" <"NOTTNICK(delete_this)"@bellows.org.uk> wrote in message
    > why? wrote:
    >> On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 17:08:24 +0100, delete_this wrote:
    >>
    >>> Has anyne any ideas about this?
    >>> XP home.
    >>> Logs onto a user just fine, but if I then change users, it locks up.

    >> Don't use - switching users.
    >>

    > How do I switch users?
    > windows L just gets me to the switch screen.
    > As soon as I log on another user, it stops.
    >
    >>> No mouse action, Ctrl/Alt/Del gets it moving again (pointer), but
    >>> hourglass activity on task bar and clicking doesn't do anything.
    >>> Have to re-star and log on as other user.
    >>> Tried system restore to before problem, but no joy.

    >> System Restore will do what to solve that issue?
    >>
    >>> Thanks for looking

    >> You too.
    >>
    >> Here,
    >> http://www.google.com/search?q=xp home switching user lock up

    > I couldn't really see an answer here.
    >>
    >> Windows XP Home locks up returning to the welcome screen
    >> Report as spam Post 1 of 1; Windows XP Home locks up returning to the
    >> welcome screen: I have a system running Windows XP Home, when you
    >> manually swith users ...
    >> http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-6230-0.html?forumID=101&threadID=225604&start=0
    >> - 38k - Cached - Similar pages
    >>
    >> Fast User Switching Resources on TechRepublic
    >> problem switching users in Windows XP: Whenever I try to switch users I
    >> get a blank screen and my computer locks up.Any suggestions?Try
    >> disabling Fast User ...
    >> http://search.techrepublic.com.com/search/Fast User Switching.html - 40k
    >> - 26 Jun 2007 - Cached - Similar pages
    >>

    > Or here.
    >>
    >>> Nick

    >> Me

    > Still puzzled.
    >
    > Bye the way, I have no idea why my user name comes up as 'delete this'
    > I put it in my email address to stop spam.
    > But news name is different

    Thanks for pointing my munging error out.
    I had meant to do it correctly, know just what you mean as I have
    catch-all forwarding on my domain and of course, the addition I
    originally made was useless. A slip up.
    I think I've fixed it (should show on this reply).
    Understand about logging off. Yes it works but the quick switch was MUCH
    more useful as son uses machine for music editing and if I want to check
    email he now has to close everything down. It takes ages each way
    whereas the quick switch was VERY handy.

    NOTTNICK, Jun 30, 2007