    Appreciate any help.

    Thanks
    Danny

    Danny, Dec 13, 2006

  2. Danny wrote:
    > I have just installed both Firefox and Thunderbird. Now trying to
    > customise Thunderbird newsgroups to add different colours of both the
    > text and background of different quote levels in messages.
    >
    > I have looked at Thunderbird's help page but am not sure where the
    > suggested 'userContent.css' file should be located.
    > Is it in the profiles folder of Firefox or Thunderbird? Firefox appears
    > to have Userchrome and Usercontent css files in:
    > \Firefox\Profiles\ld65y01r.default\chrome folder.
    >
    > Thunderbird only has a prefs.js file in
    > \Thunderbird\Profiles\7tuegtw3.default folder. No chrome folder at all.
    > Appreciate any help.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Danny

    Newer versions of TB do not create chrome folders automatically. You
    can create one manually. You can also create a userContent.css and
    userChrome.css in order to make your modifications.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Dec 13, 2006

  3. Danny

    Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Danny wrote:
    > > I have just installed both Firefox and Thunderbird. Now trying to
    > > customise Thunderbird newsgroups to add different colours of both the
    > > text and background of different quote levels in messages.
    > >
    > > I have looked at Thunderbird's help page but am not sure where the
    > > suggested 'userContent.css' file should be located.
    > > Is it in the profiles folder of Firefox or Thunderbird? Firefox appears
    > > to have Userchrome and Usercontent css files in:
    > > \Firefox\Profiles\ld65y01r.default\chrome folder.
    > >
    > > Thunderbird only has a prefs.js file in
    > > \Thunderbird\Profiles\7tuegtw3.default folder. No chrome folder at all.
    > > Appreciate any help.
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > > Danny

    or better yet, use quotecolors: http://quotecolors.mozdev.org/. More
    user friendly!
    > Newer versions of TB do not create chrome folders automatically. You
    > can create one manually. You can also create a userContent.css and
    > userChrome.css in order to make your modifications.
    >
    > Lee

    , Dec 13, 2006
  4. Danny

    Danny Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Danny wrote:
    >> I have just installed both Firefox and Thunderbird. Now trying to
    >> customise Thunderbird newsgroups to add different colours of both the
    >> text and background of different quote levels in messages.
    >>
    >> I have looked at Thunderbird's help page but am not sure where the
    >> suggested 'userContent.css' file should be located.
    >> Is it in the profiles folder of Firefox or Thunderbird? Firefox
    >> appears to have Userchrome and Usercontent css files in:
    >> \Firefox\Profiles\ld65y01r.default\chrome folder.
    >>
    >> Thunderbird only has a prefs.js file in
    >> \Thunderbird\Profiles\7tuegtw3.default folder. No chrome folder at all.
    >> Appreciate any help.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Danny
    >>

    > Newer versions of TB do not create chrome folders automatically. You
    > can create one manually. You can also create a userContent.css and
    > userChrome.css in order to make your modifications.
    >
    > Lee

    Thanks Lee,
    I will create a userChrome and a userContent file in the profiles folder
    and see if that does the trick.

    Regards

    Danny

    Danny, Dec 13, 2006
  5. Danny

    Danny Guest

    wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> Danny wrote:
    >>> I have just installed both Firefox and Thunderbird. Now trying to
    >>> customise Thunderbird newsgroups to add different colours of both the
    >>> text and background of different quote levels in messages.
    >>>
    >>> I have looked at Thunderbird's help page but am not sure where the
    >>> suggested 'userContent.css' file should be located.
    >>> Is it in the profiles folder of Firefox or Thunderbird? Firefox appears
    >>> to have Userchrome and Usercontent css files in:
    >>> \Firefox\Profiles\ld65y01r.default\chrome folder.
    >>>
    >>> Thunderbird only has a prefs.js file in
    >>> \Thunderbird\Profiles\7tuegtw3.default folder. No chrome folder at all.
    >>> Appreciate any help.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>> Danny
    >>>

    > or better yet, use quotecolors: http://quotecolors.mozdev.org/. More
    > user friendly!
    >> Newer versions of TB do not create chrome folders automatically. You
    >> can create one manually. You can also create a userContent.css and
    >> userChrome.css in order to make your modifications.
    >>
    >> Lee

    Many thanks. I have downloaded that extension and am about to restart
    Thunderbird. However I would still like to try lee's way as it helps the
    learning process!

    Regards

    Danny

    Danny, Dec 13, 2006
  6. Danny wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> Danny wrote:
    >>> I have just installed both Firefox and Thunderbird. Now trying to
    >>> customise Thunderbird newsgroups to add different colours of both the
    >>> text and background of different quote levels in messages.
    >>>
    >>> I have looked at Thunderbird's help page but am not sure where the
    >>> suggested 'userContent.css' file should be located.
    >>> Is it in the profiles folder of Firefox or Thunderbird? Firefox
    >>> appears to have Userchrome and Usercontent css files in:
    >>> \Firefox\Profiles\ld65y01r.default\chrome folder.
    >>>
    >>> Thunderbird only has a prefs.js file in
    >>> \Thunderbird\Profiles\7tuegtw3.default folder. No chrome folder at all.
    >>> Appreciate any help.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>> Danny
    >>>

    >> Newer versions of TB do not create chrome folders automatically. You
    >> can create one manually. You can also create a userContent.css and
    >> userChrome.css in order to make your modifications.
    >>
    >> Lee

    > Thanks Lee,
    > I will create a userChrome and a userContent file in the profiles folder
    > and see if that does the trick.
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Danny

    Note that they need to be placed in the chrome folder, so you will have
    to create that as well:

    http://kb.mozillazine.org/UserContent.css

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Dec 13, 2006