Locating PDF Files

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Starcap 50, Apr 19, 2004.

  1. Starcap 50

    Starcap 50 Guest

    Greetings:

    I have only recently learned how to downlowd PDF files and open them with my
    Adobe Acrobat Reader.

    However, I am having a little problem.

    I can't seem to find these files later when I need them. I know they are in a
    folder called "download" but I can't seem to find that folder after logging
    back onto my computer.

    So, what I have been doing is going back to the original e-mail message which
    sent the PDF file and downloading and replacing it all over again. This
    works, but it's a real pain.

    For what it's worth, I have Windows XP.

    Can somebody out there give me a detailed set of step-by-step set of
    instructions telling me what I click on, in which order, etc., etc., in order
    that I can access these files without having to download them all over again?

    Thanks a million.

    Best,

    Dennis
    Starcap 50, Apr 19, 2004

  2. Starcap 50

    Chet Guest

    Do a windows search for files named *.pdf and see where they are by checking
    properties.

    In the future, instead of trying to open the file directly, if it is a link
    on a website, right click on the file name and select "save target as" and
    put it where you want. Then you can open the file whenever you want. If
    the PDF is in email as an attachment click "file" and "save attachments" and
    again, you can put it wherever you want.

    Chet, Apr 20, 2004

  3. Starcap 50

    Plato Guest

    Chet wrote:

    Thats what I think is going on. I bet his email program is set to
    autoopen the file so actually it's still part of the email program I
    believe unless he does what you say to do.

    Plato, Apr 20, 2004