Locating information about major system files

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by Jon Leer, Jul 2, 2003.

  1. Jon Leer

    Jon Leer Guest

    I am trying to locate a list of system files that
    accompany the Windows 2000 Professional setup, and a
    description of each of these files. I have searched
    Microsoft's web resources, e.g., knowledgebase, to no
    avail. Search results only spit out gobs of articles
    regarding troubleshooting. I am simply looking for a list
    of system files with descriptions.

    I can of course look through the Winnt directory, but that
    doesn't provide descriptions. And Help does not cover many
    of these files.

    I am also trying to do the same for Windows 98/ME and
    Windows XP.

    Help is appreciated.

    Jon

    Jon Leer, Jul 2, 2003

  2. Jon Leer

    WOLFF Guest

    searching the technet & or the msdn site will help some,
    search for file ver's & what not also.
    there is a .dll data base on the MS site also

    WOLFF, Jul 10, 2003