    servers affected with this, and all are having up to date microsoft patches.

    Thanks
    Gopi

    Gopi, Nov 20, 2005

  2. Searching Google I found this info, hope it helps:
    http://info.ahnlab.com/securityinfo/virus_view_eng_new.jsp?SEQ_NO=2085

    =?Utf-8?B?Zm1zbWNzZQ==?=, Nov 20, 2005

  3. Gopi

    Ben Smith Guest

    In article <#>,
    says...
    > hello
    > in our network, several system affect by virus and i went on safe mode and
    > edit the registry, delete the values (locate.exe and hpws.exe) restart and
    > its works fine.
    >
    > after sometime, it affected again. (i cannot edit the registry or anything)
    > again i have to go thro safe mode.
    >
    > we are using Etrust Antivirus server, is there anyway to clean this? several
    > servers affected with this, and all are having up to date microsoft patches.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Gopi

    This may help:

    Ben Smith, Nov 20, 2005
  4. Gopi

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >in our network, several system affect by virus and i went on safe mode and
    >edit the registry, delete the values (locate.exe and hpws.exe) restart and
    >its works fine.
    >
    >after sometime, it affected again. (i cannot edit the registry or anything)
    >again i have to go thro safe mode.

    please tell me you do not work for the defense department.....

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Nov 21, 2005
  5. PC LOAD LETTER, Nov 21, 2005
  6. "Kline Sphere" <.@> wrote in message
    > >in our network, several system affect by virus and i went on safe mode
    > >and
    >>edit the registry, delete the values (locate.exe and hpws.exe) restart and
    >>its works fine.
    >>
    >>after sometime, it affected again. (i cannot edit the registry or
    >>anything)
    >>again i have to go thro safe mode.

    > please tell me you do not work for the defense department.....

    Hey, if he DOES work for the defense department, I'm all for it. After
    all... What could be a better defense than ignorance?

    PC LOAD LETTER, Nov 21, 2005
  7. Gopi

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >Hey, if he DOES work for the defense department, I'm all for it. After
    >all... What could be a better defense than ignorance?

    blah, blah... I can't hear you.... blah, blah......

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Nov 21, 2005
  8. Gopi

    Consultant Guest

    did you do the switch at the end of the delete statement? it is del
    locate.exe /y /dontcomeback

    Consultant, Nov 21, 2005
  9. Gopi

    kpg Guest

    Consultant <> said something like

    > did you do the switch at the end of the delete
    > statement? it is del locate.exe /y /dontcomeback

    lol.

    classic.

    kpg, Nov 21, 2005
  10. Gopi

    Ben Smith Guest

    In article <#>,
    says...
    > did you do the switch at the end of the delete statement? it is del
    > locate.exe /y /dontcomeback

    This is obviously made up. If we really had this switch it would be
    something like: /dntcmbck

    ;)

    Ben Smith, Nov 21, 2005
  11. Gopi

    LnkWizard Guest

    "Ben Smith" <> wrote in message
    > In article <#>,
    > says...
    > > did you do the switch at the end of the delete statement? it is del
    > > locate.exe /y /dontcomeback
    > >

    > This is obviously made up. If we really had this switch it would be
    > something like: /dntcmbck

    Don't let out the secrets of the hidden switches!!!!!!!!

    Lnkwizard2 MCNGP 2^5

    http://www.mcngp.com

    LnkWizard, Nov 21, 2005
  12. "Ben Smith" <> wrote in message
    > In article <#>,
    > says...
    >> did you do the switch at the end of the delete statement? it is del
    >> locate.exe /y /dontcomeback
    >>

    > This is obviously made up. If we really had this switch it would be
    > something like: /dntcmbck

    That's a crummy way of doing things. It would be better if the switch were
    /d00x0fc080a1ccffff:0001 PC LOAD LETTER. At least that way, it would make
    sense to the computer.

    PC LOAD LETTER, Nov 21, 2005
  13. Gopi

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >This is obviously made up. If we really had this switch it would be
    >something like: /dntcmbck

    yes, back would it *actually* do anything :)

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Nov 22, 2005
  14. Gopi

    Neil Guest

    did you hear Ben Smith <> say in

    > /dntcmbck

    I thought we had gotten past 8 dot 3 naming conventions?

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - I hate to repeat gossip, so I'll only say this once...

    Neil, Nov 22, 2005