    anyhow?

    Thanks
    Derek Fossitt

    Derek Fossitt, Apr 25, 2006

  2. Derek Fossitt

    Paul Cupis Guest

    Derek Fossitt wrote:
    > Does anyone know if I can get a greek number that is local rate in Greece to
    > call back to the UK using a VOIP account? Basically I want to be able to
    > call back home from Malia in Greece as cheaply as possible. Can it be done
    > anyhow?

    Will you not have internet connectivity? You could get a UK VoIP account
    and take the details/an ATA with you?

    Paul Cupis, Apr 25, 2006

  3. "Derek Fossitt" <2me.net> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know if I can get a greek number that is local rate in Greece

    > call back to the UK using a VOIP account? Basically I want to be able to
    > call back home from Malia in Greece as cheaply as possible. Can it be

    done
    > anyhow?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Derek Fossitt

    I might not have explained very well in my post that I want to call the UK
    from Greece using any regular telephone. I want if possible to be able to
    call a local number (local rate) in Greece and connect back home to my VOIP
    adapter on my home telephone. Basically so I can call home as cheaply as
    possible.

    I wont have any access to a computer in Greece, so I wouldn't be able to
    access Skype etc.

    Thanks
    Derek Fossitt

    Derek Fossitt, Apr 25, 2006
  4. Derek Fossitt

    Jono Guest

    Derek Fossitt wrote on 25/04/2006 :
    > "Derek Fossitt" <2me.net> wrote in message
    >> Does anyone know if I can get a greek number that is local rate in Greece to
    >> call back to the UK using a VOIP account? Basically I want to be able to
    >> call back home from Malia in Greece as cheaply as possible. Can it be done
    >> anyhow?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Derek Fossitt

    > I might not have explained very well in my post that I want to call the UK
    > from Greece using any regular telephone. I want if possible to be able to
    > call a local number (local rate) in Greece and connect back home to my VOIP
    > adapter on my home telephone. Basically so I can call home as cheaply as
    > possible.
    >
    > I wont have any access to a computer in Greece, so I wouldn't be able to
    > access Skype etc.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Derek Fossitt

    It's all Greek to me I'm afraid <http://www.i-call.gr/CallIn.aspx>
    Can't tell if they offer what you want.

    Jono, Apr 25, 2006
  5. Jono <> wrote:
    > It's all Greek to me I'm afraid <http://www.i-call.gr/CallIn.aspx>
    > Can't tell if they offer what you want.

    They would, except they're restricted to ADSL connections in Greece:
    https://www.i-call.gr/icallFAQ.aspx#question16
    (mainly they're worried about echo and service deterioration)

    The other VoIP services listed here:
    http://www.voipinfo.gr/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,43/board,2.0
    doesn't seem to do incoming calls.
    (vivodi.gr only has VOIP+DSL together)

    It might be worth asking:
    http://www.greekvoip.com/
    or
    http://www.voipinfo.gr/
    I doubt they'd mind if you ask in English.

    Theo

    Theo Markettos, Apr 26, 2006
  6. Derek Fossitt

    Guest

    Theo Markettos wrote:
    > Jono <> wrote:
    > > It's all Greek to me I'm afraid <http://www.i-call.gr/CallIn.aspx>
    > > Can't tell if they offer what you want.

    > They would, except they're restricted to ADSL connections in Greece:
    > https://www.i-call.gr/icallFAQ.aspx#question16
    > (mainly they're worried about echo and service deterioration)

    Not so, you can sign up and use it from anywhere but you do have to
    give a valid Greek address in order to get an incoming number (legal
    requirement).

    There is another alternative at www.evoice.gr. You don't got a "proper"
    incoming number but you can call 8012003864 and then dial your account
    number. The catch here is that 801 numbers can only be dialed from OTE
    lines.

    , Apr 27, 2006
  7. Derek Fossitt

    Derek Guest

    <> wrote in message

    > Theo Markettos wrote:
    > > Jono <> wrote:
    > > > It's all Greek to me I'm afraid <http://www.i-call.gr/CallIn.aspx>
    > > > Can't tell if they offer what you want.

    > > They would, except they're restricted to ADSL connections in Greece:
    > > https://www.i-call.gr/icallFAQ.aspx#question16
    > > (mainly they're worried about echo and service deterioration)

    > Not so, you can sign up and use it from anywhere but you do have to
    > give a valid Greek address in order to get an incoming number (legal
    > requirement).
    >
    > There is another alternative at www.evoice.gr. You don't got a "proper"
    > incoming number but you can call 8012003864 and then dial your account
    > number. The catch here is that 801 numbers can only be dialed from OTE
    > lines.

    So the general opinion is that it cant be done then??

    Derek, Apr 27, 2006
  8. Derek Fossitt

    Lee Guest

    > Does anyone know if I can get a greek number that is local rate in Greece
    > call back to the UK using a VOIP account? Basically I want to be able to
    > call back home from Malia in Greece as cheaply as possible. Can it be
    > done
    > anyhow?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Derek Fossitt

    Sorry for being a bit late to this. I had to set up something similar in
    Spain for my mother and was able to purchase a local Malaga direct dial
    number that is redirected to my VoIP line. I purchased the number through
    Gradwell[.com] who were very helpful. They may be able to assist you, too.

    Lee, May 3, 2006