local port tunneling?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by hellrazor, Jul 14, 2005.

  1. hellrazor

    hellrazor Guest

    Hi,

    Is there software that I could install in the client and the server which
    will allow me to:

    1-Specify which outbound ports in the local machine should be tunneled /
    forwarded through port 80. For example, if a program is trying to
    communicate to an ouside IP address, using say, port 3630, the program will
    intercept this in the local machine, and send the request through port 80

    2-At the server side, the software should know that the incoming port 80
    request is intended for the port that was initially specified in the client
    (i.e.: port 3630).

    3-Should be able to handle synchronous / asynchronous communications.

    Is it possible? where should I start looking?

    Thanks.

    Jorge
    hellrazor, Jul 14, 2005

  2. hellrazor

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Duane Arnold, Jul 14, 2005

  3. hellrazor

    Superfly Guest

    hellrazor wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is there software that I could install in the client and the server which
    > will allow me to:
    >
    > 1-Specify which outbound ports in the local machine should be tunneled /
    > forwarded through port 80. For example, if a program is trying to
    > communicate to an ouside IP address, using say, port 3630, the program will
    > intercept this in the local machine, and send the request through port 80
    >
    > 2-At the server side, the software should know that the incoming port 80
    > request is intended for the port that was initially specified in the client
    > (i.e.: port 3630).
    >
    > 3-Should be able to handle synchronous / asynchronous communications.
    >

    > Is it possible? where should I start looking?
    >

    > Thanks.
    >

    > Jorge

    Sounds like you are trying to use p2p/bit torrent through a corporate
    network!!!
    You may find that a lot of the companies offering these programs require
    you to sign up for a paid service to get the full benefit, otherwise you
    get a massive 1k/sec.
    Superfly, Jul 15, 2005
  4. hellrazor

    hellrazor Guest

    Superfly <> wrote in

    > hellrazor wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Is there software that I could install in the client and the server
    >> which will allow me to:
    >>
    >> 1-Specify which outbound ports in the local machine should be
    >> tunneled / forwarded through port 80. For example, if a program is
    >> trying to communicate to an ouside IP address, using say, port 3630,
    >> the program will intercept this in the local machine, and send the
    >> request through port 80
    >>
    >> 2-At the server side, the software should know that the incoming port
    >> 80 request is intended for the port that was initially specified in
    >> the client (i.e.: port 3630).
    >>
    >> 3-Should be able to handle synchronous / asynchronous communications.
    >>

    >> Is it possible? where should I start looking?
    >>

    >> Thanks.
    >>

    >> Jorge

    > Sounds like you are trying to use p2p/bit torrent through a corporate
    > network!!!
    > You may find that a lot of the companies offering these programs
    > require you to sign up for a paid service to get the full benefit,
    > otherwise you get a massive 1k/sec.

    We just want to make it easier for clients to start using our software
    without having to punch holes in their firewalls. Trying to move some of
    the services to port 80 so perhaps that will avoid us having to install 3rd
    party tunneling software
    hellrazor, Jul 18, 2005
  5. hellrazor

    pcbutts1 Guest

    hellrazor <> wrote:

    > We just want to make it easier for clients to start using our software
    > without having to punch holes in their firewalls.

    Why would anyone want to make it easier for clients to start using our
    software without having to punch holes in their firewalls?

    > Trying to move some of the services to port 80 so perhaps that will
    > avoid us having to install 3rd party tunneling software.

    Pass the booze.
    pcbutts1, Jul 18, 2005