    network be opened up to rivals, giving competition a foothold in the
    local access market for the first time.

    Cheers!

    vex, Sep 19, 2003

  2. vex

    SNOman Guest

    vex wrote:

    > The Commerce Commission recommended that Telecom's vast copper-line
    > network be opened up to rivals, giving competition a foothold in the
    > local access market for the first time.
    >
    > Cheers!

    Great, by the time that they deliver the final report in December and
    then the Government has to act on it it should be about 2 years before
    anything actually happens ;-)

    SNOman, Sep 19, 2003

  3. vex

    steve Guest

    vex wrote:
    > The Commerce Commission recommended that Telecom's vast copper-line
    > network be opened up to rivals, giving competition a foothold in the
    > local access market for the first time.
    >
    > Cheers!

    ......as it should have been from the date that telecom was sold.

    NZ$4.4 billion was a steal for the entire national copper network.

    Prebble....again.

    Everything the guy touches turns to crap.

    steve, Sep 19, 2003
  4. vex

    Jay Guest

    vex wrote:

    > The Commerce Commission recommended that Telecom's vast copper-line
    > network be opened up to rivals, giving competition a foothold in the
    > local access market for the first time.

    Yawn.

    Jay, Sep 19, 2003
  5. vex

    Rupert Guest

    On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 19:49:24 +1200, Bruce Simpson
    <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 16:28:00 +1200, steve <> wrote:
    >
    >>vex wrote:
    >>> The Commerce Commission recommended that Telecom's vast copper-line
    >>> network be opened up to rivals, giving competition a foothold in the
    >>> local access market for the first time.
    >>>
    >>> Cheers!

    >>.....as it should have been from the date that telecom was sold.
    >>
    >>NZ$4.4 billion was a steal for the entire national copper network.
    >>
    >>Prebble....again.
    >>
    >>Everything the guy touches turns to crap.

    >One could equally argue "Labour again... Everything that party
    >touches turns to crap" -- But I'd never say that because, just like
    >the Prebble slur, it's not really true is it?

    Your right of course, after all he did save NZ Rail .... well a little
    bit of it anyway ;-)

    Rupert, Sep 19, 2003