    "In the song, 'If the moon hits your eye like a big piece of pie,
    that's amore', how do you suppose a door knob would feel?"
    ....Carlton Blanchard - Wings

    Tim Weaver, May 9, 2004

  2. Tim Weaver

    °Mike° Guest

    Drag and drop your favorites folder, whilst holding
    the CTRL key (CTRL=Copy).

    On 9 May 2004 19:38:45 GMT, in
    <>
    Tim Weaver scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, May 9, 2004

  3. Tim Weaver

    Tim Weaver Guest

    °Mike° wrote:

    > Drag and drop your favorites folder, whilst holding
    > the CTRL key (CTRL=Copy).

    I don't think I was clear. I need to create a tree structure in my
    Favorites that "link" to a folder, with files and subfolders, on my
    drive. Does that make sense?

    --
    Tim Weaver

    Tim Weaver, May 9, 2004
  4. Tim Weaver

    °Mike° Guest

    On 9 May 2004 20:10:18 GMT, in
    <>
    Tim Weaver scrawled:

    >°Mike° wrote:
    >
    >> Drag and drop your favorites folder, whilst holding
    >> the CTRL key (CTRL=Copy).

    >I don't think I was clear. I need to create a tree structure in my
    >Favorites that "link" to a folder, with files and subfolders, on my
    >drive. Does that make sense?

    Do you mean you want a shortcut to a folder?

    Drag a folder, with the right mouse button, to your
    favorites, and let go. Choose 'Create a shortcut here.'

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, May 9, 2004
  5. Tim Weaver

    Tim Weaver Guest

    °Mike° wrote:

    > On 9 May 2004 20:10:18 GMT, in
    > <>
    > Tim Weaver scrawled:
    >
    >>°Mike° wrote:
    >>
    >>> Drag and drop your favorites folder, whilst holding the CTRL key
    >>> (CTRL=Copy).

    >>I don't think I was clear. I need to create a tree structure in my
    >>Favorites that "link" to a folder, with files and subfolders, on my
    >>drive. Does that make sense?

    > Do you mean you want a shortcut to a folder?
    >
    > Drag a folder, with the right mouse button, to your
    > favorites, and let go. Choose 'Create a shortcut here.'

    No, that will create a shortcut, I want to create a URL. For example,
    I can open a page that is on my local drive and add it to my
    Favorites. This would be fine, but I have over 100 pages I need to
    add. I want to click, for example, Favorites -> A -> A, which would
    open "A.html", located in folder "A" on my local drive. How about
    that?
    --
    Tim Weaver

    Tim Weaver, May 9, 2004
  6. Tim Weaver

    °Mike° Guest

    On 9 May 2004 20:56:46 GMT, in
    <>
    Tim Weaver scrawled:

    >°Mike° wrote:
    >
    >> On 9 May 2004 20:10:18 GMT, in
    >> <>
    >> Tim Weaver scrawled:

    >>>I don't think I was clear. I need to create a tree structure in my
    >>>Favorites that "link" to a folder, with files and subfolders, on my
    >>>drive. Does that make sense?

    >> Do you mean you want a shortcut to a folder?
    >>
    >> Drag a folder, with the right mouse button, to your
    >> favorites, and let go. Choose 'Create a shortcut here.'

    >No, that will create a shortcut, I want to create a URL. For example,
    >I can open a page that is on my local drive and add it to my
    >Favorites. This would be fine, but I have over 100 pages I need to
    >add. I want to click, for example, Favorites -> A -> A, which would
    >open "A.html", located in folder "A" on my local drive. How about
    >that?

    I'm still not entirely sure what you are asking, but if
    I have understood you, you want to add hundreds
    of html files to your favorites, yes? Just copy the
    folder that stores your html files to your favorites
    folder; they will show up as any url would.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, May 10, 2004
  7. Tim Weaver

    Tim Weaver Guest

    °Mike° wrote:

    > On 9 May 2004 20:56:46 GMT, in
    > <>
    > Tim Weaver scrawled:
    >
    >>°Mike° wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 9 May 2004 20:10:18 GMT, in
    >>> <>
    >>> Tim Weaver scrawled:

    >>> Do you mean you want a shortcut to a folder?
    >>>
    >>> Drag a folder, with the right mouse button, to your favorites,
    >>> and let go. Choose 'Create a shortcut here.'

    >>No, that will create a shortcut, I want to create a URL. For
    >>example, I can open a page that is on my local drive and add it to
    >>my Favorites. This would be fine, but I have over 100 pages I
    >>need to add. I want to click, for example, Favorites -> A -> A,
    >>which would open "A.html", located in folder "A" on my local
    >>drive. How about that?

    > I'm still not entirely sure what you are asking, but if
    > I have understood you, you want to add hundreds
    > of html files to your favorites, yes? Just copy the
    > folder that stores your html files to your favorites
    > folder; they will show up as any url would.

    No, they won't. A shortcut has a .lnk extension, an Internet
    shortcut(favorite, bookmark) has a .url extension. Copying an HTML
    file into the Favorites folder won't produce, or even will it show up,
    a useable Favorite. Shortcut = .lnk extension - Favorite = .url
    extension.
    --
    Tim Weaver

    Tim Weaver, May 10, 2004
  8. Tim Weaver

    °Mike° Guest

    On 10 May 2004 00:01:33 GMT, in
    <>
    Tim Weaver scrawled:

    >°Mike° wrote:
    >
    >> On 9 May 2004 20:56:46 GMT, in
    >> <>
    >> Tim Weaver scrawled:

    >>>No, that will create a shortcut, I want to create a URL. For
    >>>example, I can open a page that is on my local drive and add it to
    >>>my Favorites. This would be fine, but I have over 100 pages I
    >>>need to add. I want to click, for example, Favorites -> A -> A,
    >>>which would open "A.html", located in folder "A" on my local
    >>>drive. How about that?

    >> I'm still not entirely sure what you are asking, but if
    >> I have understood you, you want to add hundreds
    >> of html files to your favorites, yes? Just copy the
    >> folder that stores your html files to your favorites
    >> folder; they will show up as any url would.

    >No, they won't. A shortcut has a .lnk extension, an Internet
    >shortcut(favorite, bookmark) has a .url extension. Copying an HTML
    >file into the Favorites folder won't produce, or even will it show up,
    >a useable Favorite. Shortcut = .lnk extension - Favorite = .url
    >extension.

    Yes it will. I have just done it, and it shows all of the
    html file as the IE icon, and they are all clickable, just
    as a .url is -- I am quite aware what a shortcut, url
    and html are, and they are all directly clickable in the
    favorites folder.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, May 10, 2004
  9. Tim Weaver

    Tim Weaver Guest

    °Mike° wrote:

    > On 10 May 2004 00:01:33 GMT, in
    > <>
    > Tim Weaver scrawled:
    >
    >>°Mike° wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 9 May 2004 20:56:46 GMT, in
    >>> <>
    >>> Tim Weaver scrawled:

    >>> I'm still not entirely sure what you are asking, but if
    >>> I have understood you, you want to add hundreds
    >>> of html files to your favorites, yes? Just copy the
    >>> folder that stores your html files to your favorites folder;
    >>> they will show up as any url would.

    >>No, they won't. A shortcut has a .lnk extension, an Internet
    >>shortcut(favorite, bookmark) has a .url extension. Copying an
    >>HTML file into the Favorites folder won't produce, or even will it
    >>show up, a useable Favorite. Shortcut = .lnk extension - Favorite
    >>= .url extension.

    > Yes it will. I have just done it, and it shows all of the
    > html file as the IE icon, and they are all clickable, just
    > as a .url is -- I am quite aware what a shortcut, url
    > and html are, and they are all directly clickable in the
    > favorites folder.

    OK, I'm using the Avant browser. They don't show up in Avant, but do
    in IE. I know Avant is IE based, but this is different. I need the
    Favorites to display the <TITLE> of each page, not the filenames. Oh
    well, so much for that.

    Thanks, anyway.
    --
    Tim Weaver

    Tim Weaver, May 10, 2004
  10. Tim Weaver

    °Mike° Guest

    On 10 May 2004 01:14:09 GMT, in
    <>
    Tim Weaver scrawled:

    <snip>

    >OK, I'm using the Avant browser. They don't show up in Avant, but do
    >in IE. I know Avant is IE based, but this is different. I need the
    >Favorites to display the <TITLE> of each page, not the filenames. Oh
    >well, so much for that.
    >
    >Thanks, anyway.

    I suggest you do a Google search for bookmark editors,
    or html to url convertors; there's bound to be something
    that will do what you want.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, May 10, 2004
  11. Tim Weaver

    slumpy Guest

    ....and seconds before the explosion, °Mike° emerged from the bunker carrying
    the last chicken tikka masala humanity would ever see, crying:

    > On 10 May 2004 01:14:09 GMT, in
    > <>
    > Tim Weaver scrawled:
    >

    > <snip>
    >
    >> OK, I'm using the Avant browser. They don't show up in Avant, but do
    >> in IE. I know Avant is IE based, but this is different. I need the
    >> Favorites to display the <TITLE> of each page, not the filenames. Oh
    >> well, so much for that.
    >>
    >> Thanks, anyway.

    > I suggest you do a Google search for bookmark editors,
    > or html to url convertors; there's bound to be something
    > that will do what you want.

    Shame on you - it's Converters this side of the pond ;-)
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, May 10, 2004