    Santa Clause Guest

    In Thunderbird is there a way to disable the viewing of Local Folders.
    It just gets in the way. Thanks.

    Santa Clause, Jun 7, 2005

  2. Santa Clause

    Moz Champion Guest

    Santa Clause wrote:
    > In Thunderbird is there a way to disable the viewing of Local Folders.
    > It just gets in the way. Thanks.

    Yes, but its not recommended
    See
    http://www.holgermetzger.de/efaqmailnews.html#1

    this applies to Netscape 6, 7 and the Mozilla suite. Can be applied to
    Thunderbird tho I have never heard of anyone doing so.

    Its simply one line in the listing, ignore it is the much safer and less
    complicated solution.
    Local Folders can be very useful. Your posting to newsgroups for
    example are stored there.

    Moz Champion, Jun 7, 2005

  3. Santa Clause

    Danny Colyer Guest

    Moz Champion wrote:
    > Local Folders can be very useful. Your posting to newsgroups for
    > example are stored there.

    Mine aren't. Mine are stored in the Sent folder for my 'Danny Mail'
    account :p

    I've tried getting rid of Local Folders myself in the past, it really is
    more hassle than it's worth. The only use I have for it is that unsent
    messages are stored there.

    Danny Colyer, Jun 7, 2005
  4. Santa Clause

    Moz Champion Guest

    Danny Colyer wrote:
    > Moz Champion wrote:
    >
    >> Local Folders can be very useful. Your posting to newsgroups for
    >> example are stored there.

    > Mine aren't. Mine are stored in the Sent folder for my 'Danny Mail'
    > account :p
    >
    > I've tried getting rid of Local Folders myself in the past, it really is
    > more hassle than it's worth. The only use I have for it is that unsent
    > messages are stored there.

    If local folders arent useful to you, then you aint using em (in a
    useful manner) <g>

    I never use the Attachment icon in the tool bar, but its there nonetheless
    Its something you can use, if you care to.
    If you dont, why worry about it, its only one entry, ignore it.

    Moz Champion, Jun 8, 2005