  1. rak

    rak Guest

    At some unknown point in time over the last few weeks a new local disk "Q" has appeared on my system. It shows, along with my normal c, d & e (dvd) drives when I click computer. Properties shows capacity of 0 bytes. When I check windows management console Q does not show up. It also does not show up when I run Paragon Partition Manager. How can I tell where this local disk came from and how can I remove it?
    rak, Jan 27, 2010

  2. rak

    Carlos Guest

    Hi,
    Have you been installing a disk imaging/burning program lately?
    Those usually create virtual drives for their homework.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jan 27, 2010

  3. This can happen if you use the click-to-run feature in the Office 2010 beta.

    Dominic Payer, Jan 27, 2010
  4. rak

    rak Guest

    Thanks for the idea. I have Acronis True Image installed, but that was a
    long time ago. I think Dominic may have nailed it.

    rak, Jan 27, 2010
  5. rak

    rak Guest

    Thanks Dominic. I think you may have it. Out of curiousity do you know if
    it goes away with uninstall?

    rak, Jan 27, 2010
  6. I do not know.

    If nothing is trying to use it it may be possible to delete it if it
    remains afer uninstaling the beta. But there may be some special
    attribute set.

    Dominic Payer, Jan 27, 2010
  7. rak

    rak Guest

    Thanks. If I get to that point I'll post back

    rak, Jan 28, 2010
  8. rak

    thibaug Guest

    thibaug, Jan 28, 2010