    different times, and provide uninterrupted service to users?

    >From what I understand, the OOS and IS commands need to go through

    telnet, and there's not a way to automate that.
    Does anyone have any knowledge on this?

    Thanks
    , Dec 14, 2004

  2. Erik Freitag Guest

    On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 02:57:48 -0800, adammac71 wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > We're installing another layer of Local Director to balance the access
    > to our database servers.
    >
    > Our database server goes through a heavy period of synchronization
    > which makes the site slow to a crawl.
    >
    > I was wondering if there is a way to get Local director to point
    > traffic to another db server (not being synchronized) during database
    > synchronizations, and basically allow the db servers to synch at
    > different times, and provide uninterrupted service to users?
    >
    >>From what I understand, the OOS and IS commands need to go through

    > telnet, and there's not a way to automate that.
    > Does anyone have any knowledge on this?

    You could use expect to automate this.
    Erik Freitag, Dec 14, 2004

  3. Guest

    Hi Erik,

    What do you mean use "expect"?
    , Dec 15, 2004
  4. Erik Freitag Guest

    On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 20:13:10 -0800, adammac71 wrote:

    > Hi Erik,
    >
    > What do you mean use "expect"?

    expect is a programming (or scripting) language that allows you to write
    programs that run telnet sessions. You could for instance write a program
    to connect to the local director, send a command to the local director and
    logoff. To the local director is looks just like someone logged in over
    telnet and issued the commands. To use expect, you also need to install
    tcl/tk, and there are perl modules for expect if you prefer to code in
    perl.

    Read all about here:

    http://expect.nist.gov/
    Erik Freitag, Dec 15, 2004