    monitors with a red cross through them. It seems to want to connect to the
    net put comes up with page cannot be found. Sorry if i sound a bit dumb but
    this is new for me, thanks...
    =?Utf-8?B?c2hyZWs=?=, Apr 17, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?c2hyZWs=?=

    jel183\(UK\) Guest

    You say the wireless connection is working - can you browse the internet OK?
    If the answer is yes then the error message you are seeing may well relate
    to an ethernet port on your laptop - which of course you are not using. Go
    into network connections and disable that Local Area Connection, Or right
    click on that LAC icon and click on properties and uncheck "Notify me when
    this connection has limited or no connectivity"

    .... if your wireless IS NOT working, disregard and post back
    --
    HTH - Any Advice Appreciated - Please Reply To Newsgroup Only

    jel183(UK)

    jel183\(UK\), Apr 17, 2006

  3. wireless connection shows that it's working but cannot browse internet ,
    tries to find pages but say's page unavailable etc, tried to automatically
    detect settings no good, appreciate any help and i realise it's hard for you
    to sometimes understand exactly what i have already tried..

    =?Utf-8?B?c2hyZWs=?=, Apr 17, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?c2hyZWs=?=

    Eugene Guest

    1-Check your TCP/IP property sheet and make sure your computer is setup to
    'obtain IP automatically.

    2-Check to make sure you are pulling an IP from the router.(Start, Run, type
    in IPCONFIG)

    3-Make sure the DFG is the IP address of the router.

    4-Make sure you don't have a router/modem sitting in front of your router.

    Try this and post back the results.

    -Eugene

    Eugene, May 9, 2006