    when I loaded it on a desktop of mine as it had all the drivers I
    needed.

    Has anyone tried this before? Thanks in advance.
    spawncamper, Feb 3, 2004

  2. spawncamper

    Senti Guest

    spawncamper wrote:

    > I have an older (PIII 733) laptop that I reloaded Windows 98. Since
    > then, I haven't been able to get all the hardware working on it. I'm
    > thinking of loading XP. Does anyone have an opinion about if XP will
    > have these drivers built in? The only reason I ask is XP was great
    > when I loaded it on a desktop of mine as it had all the drivers I
    > needed.
    >
    > Has anyone tried this before? Thanks in advance.

    XP is bloated with drivers. If it doesn't have the ones you need you
    can always download them off the 'net. Aida32 will help you determine
    exactly what hardware you have on your computer. Get it here:

    http://www.aida32.hu/aida32.php

    HTH
    --
    ~SF~
    Senti, Feb 3, 2004

  3. spawncamper

    NLWard Guest

    I have a desktop machine with PIII 733 on it, and I'm running Windows XP Pro
    just fine. Not as snappy as my 2.4 GHz machine, but it's not shabby either.

    NLWard, Feb 3, 2004
  4. spawncamper

    Harrison Guest

    In all likelihood, XP will have the drivers, but you run the
    checkupgradeonly switch to find out.

    D:\winnt32.exe /checkupgradeonly, replacing the D with the appropriate
    letter for the CD-ROM drive holding the Windows XP CD-ROM. The
    /checkupgradeonly switch triggers Windows XP’s Setup program, which
    creates a report listing compatibility issues that will exist when XP
    is installed.

    Harrison, Feb 3, 2004
  5. spawncamper

    Plato Guest

    spawncamper wrote:

    > I have an older (PIII 733) laptop that I reloaded Windows 98. Since
    > then, I haven't been able to get all the hardware working on it. I'm
    > thinking of loading XP. Does anyone have an opinion about if XP will
    > have these drivers built in?

    A shot in the dark.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Feb 3, 2004
  6. spawncamper

    spawncamper Guest

    (spawncamper) wrote in message news:<>...
    > I have an older (PIII 733) laptop that I reloaded Windows 98. Since
    > then, I haven't been able to get all the hardware working on it. I'm
    > thinking of loading XP. Does anyone have an opinion about if XP will
    > have these drivers built in? The only reason I ask is XP was great
    > when I loaded it on a desktop of mine as it had all the drivers I
    > needed.
    >
    > Has anyone tried this before? Thanks in advance.

    Thanks for everyone's help. I'm going to get XP Pro and see how it goes.
    spawncamper, Feb 5, 2004