    Mick Ryan Guest

    can you install a windows os on a G4 mac ? I know about Virtual PC but I
    wondered if you could do a complete install?

    Mick Ryan, Oct 5, 2003

  2. Mick Ryan

    Harrison Guest

    No

    Harrison, Oct 5, 2003

  3. > can you install a windows os on a G4 mac ? I know about Virtual PC but I
    > wondered if you could do a complete install?

    No I do think you can

    The only thing you can do is run an emulator like Vitual PC and the like
    But I do believe with a bit of twaking you can install Linux

    http://quantum.2ya.com/email.htm

    Bebop & Rocksteady, Oct 5, 2003
  4. Howdy!

    "Mick Ryan" <> wrote in message
    > can you install a windows os on a G4 mac ? I know about Virtual PC but I
    > wondered if you could do a complete install?

    Using VirtualPC? Yes. Natively? No.

    Why not? Ask Microsoft why they decided to only support Intel-x86
    compatible processors only.

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Oct 6, 2003
  5. Ralph Wade Phillips wrote:
    > Howdy!
    >

    >>can you install a windows os on a G4 mac ? I know about Virtual PC but I
    >>wondered if you could do a complete install?

    > Using VirtualPC? Yes. Natively? No.
    >
    > Why not? Ask Microsoft why they decided to only support Intel-x86
    > compatible processors only.

    For What Its Worth.....

    Good GRAVEY, MAN! Are ye DAFT! Why in the good-green Earth would you
    want to dessecrate a Mac with one of the worst OS's known to modern man?!

    Other than the Laughability Factor, of course.

    (To be fair, you CAN get Linux to work, as well as FreeBSD.. though
    that's called OS X now.)

    BuffNET Technical Support Supervisor
    (BEHOLD! The power of the BOFH!)

    BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ, Oct 7, 2003
  6. Howdy!

    "BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ" <> wrote in message
    > Ralph Wade Phillips wrote:
    > > Howdy!
    > >

    > >>can you install a windows os on a G4 mac ? I know about Virtual PC but

    > >>wondered if you could do a complete install?

    > > Using VirtualPC? Yes. Natively? No.
    > >
    > > Why not? Ask Microsoft why they decided to only support

    Intel-x86
    > > compatible processors only.

    > For What Its Worth.....
    >
    > Good GRAVEY, MAN! Are ye DAFT! Why in the good-green Earth would you
    > want to dessecrate a Mac with one of the worst OS's known to modern man?!

    I don't. I wasn't the one asking, either ...

    > Other than the Laughability Factor, of course.
    >
    > (To be fair, you CAN get Linux to work, as well as FreeBSD.. though
    > that's called OS X now.)

    Actually, no, FreeBSD/Mac is still called FreeBSD. OS/X is based on
    the Mach kernel, based on BSD work.

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Oct 8, 2003