Discussion in 'Firefox' started by toedipper, Apr 22, 2005.

  1. toedipper

    toedipper Guest

    Hello,

    Firefox 1.0.3 and Win XP SP2

    Have been a user for a long time from beta days.

    A day or so ago I upgraded to 1.0.3 via the auto download service.

    Now I have a big problem. Whenever Firefox is not open and when I try to
    open Firefox it either

    1. Doesn't open at all,

    or

    2. A dialog box pops up asking for which profile to use as it is already
    open.

    To get past either I have to ctrl alt del to task manager and kill the
    process firefox.exe

    Not the end of the world but a real pain in the ar*e.

    Did not happen before 1.0.3

    Any ideas or just a bug?

    td.
    toedipper, Apr 22, 2005

  2. toedipper

    someone Guest

    > Hello,
    >

    > Firefox 1.0.3 and Win XP SP2
    >

    > Have been a user for a long time from beta days.
    >
    > A day or so ago I upgraded to 1.0.3 via the auto download service.

    - snip -

    We are near twins, XP (SP2) here but no probs with 1.0.3 (knock on wood)
    *any* other software/firmware/hardware changes ? Tried an earlier
    restore point ? Reinstall Firefox ?

    --
    Rob Fruth - Houston, Tx
    http://www.rfruth.net

    1981 Raleigh for errands & fun ____ __o
    1997 Trek 2300 for real fun ! ____ _ \ | _)
    2000 Civic hatchback (_)/ (_)

    spam the Federal Trade Commission thats
    someone, Apr 22, 2005

  3. toedipper

    mike555 Guest

    === make a new profile, and reinstall your ext.'s =======
    mike555, Apr 23, 2005
  4. toedipper

    Barney Guest

    "toedipper" <> had
    writtennews:0Fdae.3736$:

    > 2. A dialog box pops up asking for which profile to use as it is
    > already open.

    Same thing and ditto. I rebooted and then all was okay.

    --
    Wisdom from the sleeping dogs!
    Barney, Apr 23, 2005