    was easy and simple to use.
    But how do the others allow you to load pics ?

    Thanks

    sid, Dec 21, 2008

  2. sid

    tony cooper Guest

    On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 21:22:35 -0800 (PST), sid <>
    wrote:

    >Just purchased a new digital frame (first one) at Carsons. They were
    >giving them away door buster price. When I got home I tried it out
    >only to find that I can't load picture through the USB cable. No, you
    >have to load you pics on a SD card and then once you insert the SD
    >card in the frame it has a utility to allow you to transfer them to
    >the internal memory.
    >
    >Is this standard, I realize this is an in-expensive 3.5" frame, and it
    >was easy and simple to use.
    >But how do the others allow you to load pics ?

    I received one as a gift. Much larger than yours. It requires use of
    a SD card. Why is that a problem?

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Dec 21, 2008

  3. sid

    PixelPix Guest

    On Dec 21, 3:22 pm, sid <> wrote:
    > Just purchased a new digital frame (first one) at Carsons.  They were
    > giving them away door buster price.  When I got home I tried it out
    > only to find that I can't load picture through the USB cable. No, you
    > have to load you pics on a SD card and then once you insert the SD
    > card in the frame it has a utility to allow you to transfer them to
    > the internal memory.
    >
    > Is this standard, I realize this is an in-expensive 3.5" frame, and it
    > was easy and simple to use.
    > But how do the others allow you to load pics ?
    >
    > Thanks

    Are you connecting the USB to your computer? My USB is for
    displaying images from memory sticks, not for loading images from the
    computer.

    PixelPix, Dec 21, 2008
  4. sid

    Bob Williams Guest

    sid wrote:
    > Just purchased a new digital frame (first one) at Carsons. They were
    > giving them away door buster price. When I got home I tried it out
    > only to find that I can't load picture through the USB cable. No, you
    > have to load you pics on a SD card and then once you insert the SD
    > card in the frame it has a utility to allow you to transfer them to
    > the internal memory.
    >
    > Is this standard, I realize this is an in-expensive 3.5" frame, and it
    > was easy and simple to use.
    > But how do the others allow you to load pics ?
    >
    > Thanks

    I have a 10.5 incher.....(the frame, that is).
    I can load it from a memory card or a USB thumb drive.
    Haven't tried to load it from my PC hard drive, but I have not
    considered this a compromise. Thumb drives are so cheap and so
    convenient that I use it exclusively to load edited images to the frame.
    Bob Williams

    Bob Williams, Dec 21, 2008
  5. sid

    tony cooper Guest

    On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 22:02:54 -0800 (PST), PixelPix
    <> wrote:

    >On Dec 21, 3:22 pm, sid <> wrote:
    >> Just purchased a new digital frame (first one) at Carsons.  They were
    >> giving them away door buster price.  When I got home I tried it out
    >> only to find that I can't load picture through the USB cable. No, you
    >> have to load you pics on a SD card and then once you insert the SD
    >> card in the frame it has a utility to allow you to transfer them to
    >> the internal memory.
    >>
    >> Is this standard, I realize this is an in-expensive 3.5" frame, and it
    >> was easy and simple to use.
    >> But how do the others allow you to load pics ?
    >>
    >> Thanks

    >Are you connecting the USB to your computer? My USB is for
    >displaying images from memory sticks, not for loading images from the
    >computer.

    What "USB" are you referring to? The USB port or the USB cable? When
    I want to load the SD card that goes in my digital frame, I connect my
    card reader to a USB cable, the USB cable to the USB port, and then
    upload images to the SD card.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Dec 21, 2008
  6. sid

    The Henchman Guest

    "Ron Hunter" <> wrote in message
    > sid wrote:
    >> Just purchased a new digital frame (first one) at Carsons. They were
    >> giving them away door buster price. When I got home I tried it out
    >> only to find that I can't load picture through the USB cable. No, you
    >> have to load you pics on a SD card and then once you insert the SD
    >> card in the frame it has a utility to allow you to transfer them to
    >> the internal memory.
    >>
    >> Is this standard, I realize this is an in-expensive 3.5" frame, and it
    >> was easy and simple to use.
    >> But how do the others allow you to load pics ?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>

    > Some allow loading via USB, others don't. Mine takes various types of
    > flash cards, but not USB. Easier to put the pictures together into a
    > directory, copy to the SD (or whatever) card, and then insert the card
    > into the photo frame. MUCH faster as well since most of the less
    > expensive frames support only the USB 1.1 standard, ie., they are slow.

    Speaking of fast, I saw picture frame that are wireless now in the
    newspaper..... They costs several hundreds of dollars, but come with
    wireless n.

    The Henchman, Dec 21, 2008
  7. sid

    tony cooper Guest

    On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 08:11:58 -0600, Allen <>
    wrote:

    >tony cooper wrote:
    >> On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 21:22:35 -0800 (PST), sid <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Just purchased a new digital frame (first one) at Carsons. They were
    >>> giving them away door buster price. When I got home I tried it out
    >>> only to find that I can't load picture through the USB cable. No, you
    >>> have to load you pics on a SD card and then once you insert the SD
    >>> card in the frame it has a utility to allow you to transfer them to
    >>> the internal memory.
    >>>
    >>> Is this standard, I realize this is an in-expensive 3.5" frame, and it
    >>> was easy and simple to use.
    >>> But how do the others allow you to load pics ?
    >>>

    >> I received one as a gift. Much larger than yours. It requires use of
    >> a SD card. Why is that a problem?
    >>

    >Perhaps it's a problem because he doesn't have an SD card. They aren't
    >universal--many cameras are CF only.
    >Allen

    It doesn't make any difference if his camera doesn't use an SD card.
    He can buy a SD card for under $10 and upload to it from his computer.
    I have a $4.99 SD card in my frame.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Dec 21, 2008
  8. sid

    ray Guest

    On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 21:22:35 -0800, sid wrote:

    > Just purchased a new digital frame (first one) at Carsons. They were
    > giving them away door buster price. When I got home I tried it out only
    > to find that I can't load picture through the USB cable. No, you have to
    > load you pics on a SD card and then once you insert the SD card in the
    > frame it has a utility to allow you to transfer them to the internal
    > memory.
    >
    > Is this standard, I realize this is an in-expensive 3.5" frame, and it
    > was easy and simple to use.
    > But how do the others allow you to load pics ?
    >
    > Thanks

    Yes and no. Standard in that they use memory cards rather than USB
    connectivity - that would add another layer of electronics. No in that
    most have the capability to accept several other memory cards in addition
    to SD.

    ray, Dec 21, 2008
  9. sid

    Marvin Guest

    sid wrote:
    > Just purchased a new digital frame (first one) at Carsons. They were
    > giving them away door buster price. When I got home I tried it out
    > only to find that I can't load picture through the USB cable. No, you
    > have to load you pics on a SD card and then once you insert the SD
    > card in the frame it has a utility to allow you to transfer them to
    > the internal memory.
    >
    > Is this standard, I realize this is an in-expensive 3.5" frame, and it
    > was easy and simple to use.
    > But how do the others allow you to load pics ?
    >
    > Thanks

    Mine is a Kodak picture frame, and it is several years old.
    It uses a CF card. To get the best out of the limited
    capacities of the card and the frame, I resize the pictures
    to the resolution of the frame (640 X 480 pixels) before I
    load them on the card.

    Marvin, Dec 21, 2008
  10. sid

    Matt Ion Guest

    tony cooper wrote:
    > On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 08:11:58 -0600, Allen <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> tony cooper wrote:

    >>> I received one as a gift. Much larger than yours. It requires use of
    >>> a SD card. Why is that a problem?
    >>>

    >> Perhaps it's a problem because he doesn't have an SD card. They aren't
    >> universal--many cameras are CF only.
    >> Allen

    > It doesn't make any difference if his camera doesn't use an SD card.
    > He can buy a SD card for under $10 and upload to it from his computer.
    > I have a $4.99 SD card in my frame.

    It makes a difference if he doesn't have an SD card reader... add
    another $15-$20 for that.

    Matt Ion, Dec 21, 2008
  11. sid

    tony cooper Guest

    On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 13:30:13 -0800, Matt Ion <>
    wrote:

    >tony cooper wrote:
    >> On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 08:11:58 -0600, Allen <>
    >> wrote:

    >>> Perhaps it's a problem because he doesn't have an SD card. They aren't
    >>> universal--many cameras are CF only.
    >>> Allen

    >> It doesn't make any difference if his camera doesn't use an SD card.
    >> He can buy a SD card for under $10 and upload to it from his computer.
    >> I have a $4.99 SD card in my frame.

    >It makes a difference if he doesn't have an SD card reader... add
    >another $15-$20 for that.

    You'd pay that much if you picked one up because you had to have one
    right now, but they go for $5 and up. His printer or computer may
    have a card reader slot, though.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Dec 21, 2008
  12. sid

    sid Guest

    On Dec 21, 5:07 pm, George Kerby <> wrote:
    > On 12/21/08 3:30 PM, in article gimchu$, "Matt
    >

    > Ion" <> wrote:
    > > tony cooper wrote:

    > >> It doesn't make any difference if his camera doesn't use an SD card.
    > >> He can buy a SD card for under $10 and upload to it from his computer.
    > >> I have a $4.99 SD card in my frame.

    > > It makes a difference if he doesn't have an SD card reader... add
    > > another $15-$20 for that.

    > Most card readers are 5 or 6 way and include SD. Been that way for the past
    > few years...- Hide quoted text -

    Thanks to Everyone that posted replies. This is my first Digital
    frame and I just wanted to know that I was getting something
    worthwhile. The frame works, a little light on features, but
    functional and made a nice gift.

    What I was disappointed about was that it did not accept data via the
    USB. If it did it could possible be converted into small monitor ?

    sid, Dec 23, 2008