Discussion in 'Software' started by nhdsl, Jun 17, 2009.

  1. nhdsl

    nhdsl

    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Hello

    I am having trouble getting my application to run via Java Web Start. Here are the details:

    1. The main application is in main.jar
    2. All jars it depends on have been extracted and put into one jar called resources.jar
    3. The JNLP file has the following:
    <resources>
    <j2se version="1.6+" />
    <jar href="main.jar"/>
    <jar href="resources.jar"/>
    </resources>
    4. Both the files are signed.
    5. The JNLP file and the two jar files are inside one directory.

    When I run it, I get an error (see below) which seems to mean that Web Start cannot find the classes that are inside my resources.jar. I have read that this may have something to do with the class loader. But where is the class loader and how do I change it? (I am extending someone else's code)

    Many thanks in advance,
    nhdsl

    ----------Error message-------------------------------------------
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/bushe/swing/event/EventSubscriber
    at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:260)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:56)
    at com.sun.jnlp.JNLPClassLoader.findClass(JNLPClassLoader.java:256)
    at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.doLaunchApp(Launcher.java:1083)
    at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:105)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:637)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.bushe.swing.event.EventSubscriber
    at com.sun.jnlp.JNLPClassLoader.findClass(JNLPClassLoader.java:256)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:374)
    ... 14 more

    nhdsl, Jun 17, 2009