    disk supplied with my HP NX6125 laptop on any PC? Or is it fixed so this
    can't be done?

    Thanks
    A Shropshire Lad, Dec 10, 2005

  2. A Shropshire Lad

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:dnev7j$ohc$-infra.bt.com,
    A Shropshire Lad spewed forth:
    > Just theoretically, is it technically simple to install XP from the
    > system disk supplied with my HP NX6125 laptop on any PC? Or is it
    > fixed so this can't be done?
    >
    > Thanks

    I don't know the specific disc you are talking about, but what you have
    from HP is probably a "system recovery" type of CD. No, you can't simply
    install XP from that CD. You can erase your hard drive, and put the entire
    package of HP software (including XP) back on the hard drive. Then, of
    course, you could go to Add/Remove programs and uninstall what you don't
    want.

    --
    We put the "K" in "Kwality"!
    Toolman Tim, Dec 10, 2005

  3. A Shropshire Lad

    Trax Guest

    "A Shropshire Lad" <> wrote:

    |>Just theoretically, is it technically simple to install XP from the system
    |>disk supplied with my HP NX6125 laptop on any PC? Or is it fixed so this
    |>can't be done?

    If not a restore disk...

    Right click on "My Computer" if the registered to # has OEM in it,
    then theoretically no.

    --
    Things in bottles http://tinyurl.com/5958l
    Trax, Dec 10, 2005
  4. A Shropshire Lad

    Plato Guest

    A Shropshire Lad wrote:

    > Just theoretically, is it technically simple to install XP from the system
    > disk supplied with my HP NX6125 laptop on any PC? Or is it fixed so this
    > can't be done?

    Chances are no if it's NOT an official MS CD. And chances are that you
    dont have a real MS XP CD, but rather a special disk.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Dec 10, 2005