    using the full bandwidth of the circuit? What response time should I
    expect from the PING ? is there any other approach I can use?
    TIA, Ned

    Ned Trilby, Nov 1, 2004

  2. Ned Trilby

    PES Guest

    Ned Trilby wrote:
    > I have a 2600 with a Primary Rate ISDN module. I want to do a "load
    > test" to see that I am getting 2mb/sec throughput. Has anyone a
    > suggestion as to how I can achieve this? A PING would be easiest
    > approach I guess - if I establish a PING with a particular packet size
    > and see all the channels come up, is that an indication that I am
    > using the full bandwidth of the circuit? What response time should I
    > expect from the PING ? is there any other approach I can use?
    > TIA, Ned

    I think qCheck from Ixia
    http://www.ixiacom.com/datasheets/printer_friendly.php?skey=pa_q_check
    may be a better solution for throughput testing. However, with E1 PRI
    you will not see 2mb. You must account for 1 channel being used for
    signalling at the PRI level. Then you have another protocol running
    between each 64k or 56k circuit and IP. This would be either ppp or
    hdlc. Also, with most performance tests, you will have a combination of
    ip, udp/tcp headers. Are all channels always going to the same
    destination? If so, E1 PRI may not be an efficient method for
    connectivity. As far as ping rate, that depends not only on throughput,
    but also latency so there is now real way to answer that question
    without knowing a lot about the telco infrastructure that is being used
    and a lot of calculation.

    PES, Nov 1, 2004

  3. Ned Trilby

    Hansang Bae Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > I have a 2600 with a Primary Rate ISDN module. I want to do a "load
    > test" to see that I am getting 2mb/sec throughput. Has anyone a
    > suggestion as to how I can achieve this? A PING would be easiest
    > approach I guess - if I establish a PING with a particular packet size
    > and see all the channels come up, is that an indication that I am
    > using the full bandwidth of the circuit? What response time should I
    > expect from the PING ? is there any other approach I can use?
    > TIA, Ned

    There are a lot of tools you can use.. There's ttcp (built into
    enterprise IOS versions or standalone program), netperf, smokeping,
    etc.etc.

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Nov 2, 2004