load balencing/sharing Serial and ISDN lines

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by g_dileep@yahoo.com, Jan 3, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi,

    I am trying to configure a router : to load balence between Serial and
    ISDN lines. Both are 64Kbps speed. Can you suggest which method is best
    for this (cisco 2600 router)?

    I tried all four load-sharing approaches:
    - fast switching (ip route-cache)
    - process switching (no ip route-cache)
    - CEF (per-destination)
    - CEF (per-packet)

    Out of all, fast swtiching seems to be better. But, I noticed that,
    performance even with this not good (however better than other
    load-sharing methods). Most of the traffic is taking ISDN line rather
    than Serial line. I have two static routes:
    ip route 0.0.0.0/0 Serial0/0
    ip route 0.0.0.0/0 Dialer1 <== which is a dialer map to ISDN inteface

    Please let me know your suggestions/comments.

    Thanks in advance
    Dilip

    , Jan 3, 2006