    So.......
    whats the other option, and whats the right man-page to be reading,
    googling?

    Shane, Jul 26, 2005

  2. Shane

    baldrick Guest

    On 2005-07-26, Shane <-a-geek.net> wrote:
    > OK boredom has set in, and while I try to think of some half decent
    > content for my webserver, the issue of load balancing crossed my mind.
    > Apache on the various webservers, and 3 machines ATM (hardly worth the
    > effort but like I say I'm bored)
    > Asked a bud and he told me there are two options,
    > Round-Robin, and <mumble mumble> :)
    > Round robin is a PoP he tells me, but a bit crude.
    > So.......
    > whats the other option, and whats the right man-page to be reading,
    > googling?

    Crisis over, a lunchtime spent googling found me mod_backhand, which was
    installed on freeBSD with a pkg_add -r mod_backhand (simple eh :)
    Just reading about it (mod_backhand)
    http://www.backhand.org/mod_backhand/
    its a damn fascinating module, and exactly what I was looking for
    baldrick, Jul 27, 2005

  3. Shane

    thing2 Guest

    Shane wrote:
    > OK boredom has set in, and while I try to think of some half decent
    > content for my webserver, the issue of load balancing crossed my mind.
    > Apache on the various webservers, and 3 machines ATM (hardly worth the
    > effort but like I say I'm bored)
    > Asked a bud and he told me there are two options,
    > Round-Robin, and <mumble mumble> :)
    > Round robin is a PoP he tells me, but a bit crude.
    > So.......
    > whats the other option, and whats the right man-page to be reading,
    > googling?

    Ip packet re-direction as a clustering solution. 1 box at the front
    re-directs to the 2 behind.

    regards

    Thing
    thing2, Jul 27, 2005