    y office having 3548XL

    i want loadbalance links or failover links

    can some one send me the sample config

    hari, Dec 17, 2003

  2. M.C. van den Bovenkamp, Dec 17, 2003

  3. hari

    John Llort Guest

    "hari" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi
    >
    > i have 3 links from x office to y office
    > x office customers need to work on critical application
    >
    > so we have redundent fiber links from x office to y office
    >
    > x office having cisco 2900XL
    >
    > y office having 3548XL
    >
    > i want loadbalance links or failover links
    >
    > can some one send me the sample config

    Hire a technical consultant.

    John Llort, Dec 17, 2003
  4. hari

    hari Guest

    Hi Den

    thanks for URL, iam going the docs, lets see if i can fix this problem..

    Mr Jhon, if i would have money to hire, why should i post here
    if you know the answer, try to help people
    every one know that, hiring a consultant

    thanks for helping in this topic

    hari, Dec 18, 2003
  5. In article <>,
    hari <> top-posted:
    :"John Llort" <> wrote in message news:<brqgog$6cs5c$-berlin.de>...
    :> "hari" <> wrote in message
    :> news:...

    :> > i have 3 links from x office to y office
    :> > x office customers need to work on critical application

    :> > i want loadbalance links or failover links

    :> Hire a technical consultant.

    :Mr Jhon, if i would have money to hire, why should i post here
    :if you know the answer, try to help people
    :every one know that, hiring a consultant

    Your original posting clearly said "critical application".
    So, how long can you have that "critical application" be down
    while you experiment and play with the loadbalancing and/or failover?

    If the application really is "critical", you probably cannot
    afford NOT to hire a consultant to do it for you. If you can
    afford the mistakes that *will* be made in setting up load
    balancing (or, even more so, failover), then the application
    probably isn't "critical".

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk389/tk213/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080094689.shtml

    I've been working on a kernel
    All the livelong night.
    I've been working on a kernel
    And it still won't work quite right. -- J. Benson & J. Doll

    Walter Roberson, Dec 18, 2003
  6. hari

    hari Guest

    Hi thanks for the suggestion Mr Robert

    as i told before this application critical
    so last nigth i have shifted tehm to other link
    so i can make this load balance and move the load to again back

    iam working on the same

    so i will explain now again for my achivements

    i have cisco 2900XL connected to X office

    and other Office 3548XL Switch

    and also i would have to talk to VLAN trunk port to my linux box
    which is patched and compiled with VLAN configuration
    and also running VLAN with single link
    now i want to add another Link either Load balance or Failover

    and i will create Group vlan in Linux box
    and i will make in 2900XL switch port vlan according to the departments

    examples

    linux eth1.3
    eth 1.4
    eth1.5