    Experts kinly help me out.

    Regards,

    Karthik
    Intelkid, Jan 9, 2007

  2. Drake wrote:

    > "Intelkid" <> wrote in message
    >> HI,
    >> Season Greetings to all; I am new to this group
    >> I have 3 ADSL lines from the service provider i need to do
    >> loadbalancing on this 3 lines. How do i do that?
    >> I have 1 Cisco 2600 Router is it possible with that?

    > Which one?
    >>
    >> Experts kinly help me out.

    > Not exactly an expert.
    >>

    > If it ADSL2/2+ rather than plain ADSL then be aware that the new
    > HWIC ADSL2/2+ cards are not compatible with the 2600.
    >
    > If it is plain ADSL: you'll need 3 WIC-1ADSL cards, Do you have
    > 3 open slots on your router?

    In the case of using ADSL: the 2600 series has two built-in WIC slots
    so the OP need a additional NM-2W*) module to carry another DSL WIC
    card.

    *) be aware of the fact that the WIC-1xDSL cards only work in certain
    NM's. I'am stumpled upon that behaviour some time ago :/.
    See:
    http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps214/products_tech_note09186a00800ae37f.shtml#topicsub1

    --
    Gerald (ax/tc)
    Gerald Krause, Jan 9, 2007

  3. Intelkid

    Drake Guest

    Drake, Jan 9, 2007
  4. Intelkid

    Intelkid Guest

    Re: Load Balancing 3 ADSL lines

    Hi,
    Thanks for your immediate responce. I am not very good in
    networking.
    The clear scenario is:

    Locations B & C are connected to location A by Wireless point to point
    Location B have 2 ADSL lines terminated
    Location C have 1 ADSL line teminated

    at persent i am distributing by diffrent gateways for diffrent
    locations.

    is it possible to load balance these 3 adsl lines?

    Regards,
    Karthik

    Intelkid, Jan 9, 2007
  5. Intelkid

    Drake Guest

    "Intelkid" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > Thanks for your immediate responce. I am not very good in
    > networking.
    > The clear scenario is:
    >
    > Locations B & C are connected to location A by Wireless point to point
    > Location B have 2 ADSL lines terminated
    > Location C have 1 ADSL line teminated
    >
    > at persent i am distributing by diffrent gateways for diffrent
    > locations.
    >
    > is it possible to load balance these 3 adsl lines?

    So, where do you want to load-balance?
    - At location A? where presumably you'd balance 2 ethernet connections?
    - Do you want to terminate all ADSL lines at one point, stick'em in a router
    and go from there?

    Drake, Jan 9, 2007
  6. Intelkid

    Intelkid Guest

    Re: Load Balancing 3 ADSL lines

    Hi,
    I want to loadbalance all this 3 lines in location A, loadbalance and
    make it as a single gatewasy to all the users, one of my friend says
    it's possible by the router with diffrent network segments is that
    true?

    Let me knw

    Karthik

    Intelkid, Jan 12, 2007
  7. Intelkid

    >>-(DIL)-> Guest

    Re: Load Balancing 3 ADSL lines

    DEAR KARTHIK, IF YOU CAN LOAD BALANCE AS MANY LINES AS YOU HAVE BY TWO
    METHODS

    1. IF YOU HAVE THE BROADBAND CONNECTIVITY FROM ONE SERVICE PROVIDER YOU
    CAN DO IT BY ETHERCHANNELING (PROTOCOL WILL BE PAgP) FOR THAT YOU
    SHOULD HAVE A STATIC IP ADDRESS FOR ALL THE ADSL LINKS WHICH YOU HAVE
    (BASIC REQUIREMENT)

    2. IF YOU HAVE THE BROADBAND CONNECTIVITY FROM DIFFERENT SERVICE
    PROVIDERS YOU CAN DO IT BY CONFIGURING ALL IP ADDRESS IN CATALYST
    SWITCHES AND DO THE INTERDOMAIN ROUTING AND APPLYING STATIC OR DEFAULT
    ROUTING IN THE ROUTER

    3. YOU HAVE A THIRD PARTY OPTION WHERE YOU CAN DO IT WITH THIS
    EQUIPMENT

    http://www.dlink.co.in/dlink/Products/internetserver/dp602.htm

    THE BASIC THING IN THIS IS YOU CAN DO IT WITH TWO DSL CONNECTIONS IF
    YOU WANT TO ADD MORE YOU CAN GET ONE MORE THING OF THE SAME PRODUCT AND
    YOU CAN CONFIGURE IN BRIDGE MODE AND CALL BACK.

    REGARDS DILIP.......................!

    Intelkid wrote:
    > HI,
    > Season Greetings to all; I am new to this group
    > I have 3 ADSL lines from the service provider i need to do
    > loadbalancing on this 3 lines. How do i do that?
    > I have 1 Cisco 2600 Router is it possible with that?
    >
    > Experts kinly help me out.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Karthik
    >>-(DIL)->, Jan 13, 2007