    I only need this to happen outbound as inbound has been sorted.

    Thanks in advance

    Thorfin

    Thorfin, Oct 20, 2003

  2. In article <b0Tkb.5498$>,
    Thorfin <> wrote:
    >Sorry if this has been asked before.
    >
    >I have two internet lines, Frame Relay and ADSL.
    >
    >I need to "Load Balance" or at least have some sort of "fail over" in place.
    >
    >Trouble is both routers (adsl and frame routers) are "managed services" so I
    >can't touch them.
    >
    >My question is thus, if I had a 2600 (would that do it?) router and put it
    >in behind the other two routers, with no wic cards installed, can it be
    >configured to load balance? if so how?

    You can configure it with two default routes, and it will load share the
    traffic between them. Depending on the switching method you enable, you
    can get per-packet, per-destination, or per-flow load balancing.

    You won't get failover unless you can implement a routing protocol between
    the 2600's and the managed routers.

    --
    Barry Margolin,
    Level(3), Woburn, MA

    Barry Margolin, Oct 20, 2003

  3. Thorfin

    This Old Man Guest

    Radware's "Linkproof Branch" can combine cable, dsl and T1, etc, and manage
    inbound and outbound without changing your routers. But it's nearly $5k.

    This Old Man, Oct 20, 2003