LMS 3.2 - syslog doesn't work

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by joe, Aug 16, 2010.

  1. joe

    joe Guest

    Hi,

    Anybody has experience to configure syslog in Cisco Works 3.2 ?
    I can't do it.

    Initially I had in "Collector Status" invalid(1720) and received(1720)
    packets but why invalid? I restarted process CWCS Syslog and from this
    time this process can't be enable.

    Collector Status pass the test , no received packets.
    But CWCS Syslog service all the time can't start

    LOG:
    The CWCS syslog service on MACHINE started and then stopped.
    Some services stop automaticaly if they are not in ise by other services
    or programs.
    ----

    Any idea how to solve it ?
    I need syslog :(

    Thanks in advance.

    Regads,
    Joe

    joe, Aug 16, 2010

  2. joe

    Alael Guest

    You can try kiwi Syslog Deamon... unless you _need_ to use CiscoWorks... :)

    Do you have other errors in the Event Viewer of the machine?

    (This is from August 16 so... if you solved it already can you tell us how ?
    :) ).

    Cheers,
    Nuno

    Alael, Aug 26, 2010