LLTD Responder (protocol) and XP Pro x64

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by McG., Nov 2, 2007.

  1. McG.

    McG. Guest

    Hi folks,

    I've just bought a new laptop with Vista Home Premium. Seems everything
    works fine on it. I have a home network. It's a "hybrid", DLink DI-524
    WirelessG router and 4 port switch. Desktop is wired to the router,
    external hd wired to router. Desktop is running XP Pro x64. Also have an
    old laptop running XP Home.
    The only networking problem I have (I think) is that my Vista system won't
    see either of the XP systems in the Network Map or in Explorer - Network if
    it is turned on while the other systems are already running. I literally
    have to turn on the Vista laptop first, then start or reboot the XP systems.
    Network Discovery Help tells me that I need to install "Link Layer Topology
    Discovery Responder" on the two XP systems. I found that for XP x86. I
    haven't found that for XP Pro x64. Apparently it is not included in the x64
    SP2, which I just installed on the x64 machine.
    *WHEN* the Vista machine does see the other two systems, they can all 3 talk
    back and forth, file and printer sharing, all day long, just fine.

    Any help for this one?

    TIA!
    McG.
    McG., Nov 2, 2007