    Actual this is only possible on serial or ATM interfaces !

    thx
    dennis
    dennis, Jul 1, 2007

  2. dennis

    James Guest

    Yes, it works exactly the same as it does for any other interface.
    Create the class-maps, policy-map and attach to the Ethernet Interface
    with the "service-policy x out" command.

    Here are the relevant config parts from one of my production routers:-

    class-map match-all VoIP
    match dscp ef
    class-map match-all Management
    match access-group name Management
    class-map match-all Signaling
    match dscp af11
    !
    policy-map 128k-LLQ
    class VoIP
    priority 34
    class Signaling
    bandwidth 8
    class Management
    bandwidth 8
    class class-default
    fair-queue
    random-detect
    !
    interface FastEthernet0/0
    bandwidth 128
    tx-ring-limit 3
    tx-queue-limit 3
    service-policy output 128k

    James
    James, Jul 2, 2007

  3. dennis

    dennis Guest

    Hi James,

    thx for your input...
    right now I can't test it...

    Here you can see the actual config on a cisco 7206VXR
    This config should be applied to a Gi Interface on a Cat6509...but
    this diesn't work ...

    policy-map voip
    class voice
    set ip dscp 46
    priority 500
    class voice-signaling
    set ip dscp 26
    bandwidth 60

    class-map match-any voice-signaling
    match ip dscp 26
    class-map match-any voice
    match ip dscp 46

    interface Serial2/3
    description xxx
    bandwidth 1920
    ip address x.x.x.x y.y.y.y
    service-policy output voip

    Dennis

    dennis, Jul 6, 2007
  4. dennis

    James Guest

    I take it that it works on the 7206? Unfortuntely I don't have any
    experience with 6500's

    Why are you maching against dscp 46 & 26 and then also using a set
    command in the policy-map?

    James
    James, Jul 9, 2007
  5. dennis

    Guest

    On Jul 8, 9:25 pm, James <> wrote:
    > I take it that it works on the 7206? Unfortuntely I don't have any
    > experience with 6500's
    >
    > Why are you maching against dscp 46 & 26 and then also using a set
    > command in the policy-map?
    >
    > James

    The 7206VXR being a software-based router has the ability to run MQC
    type QoS on the Ethernet ports. The 6500 is more like an Ethernet
    switch with routing added on, and as such the LAN Ethernet modules
    have QoS similar to that of an Ethernet switch like the 3750, 3550,
    etc. It's more limited in what it can do QoS-wise and MQC (Modular
    QoS) priority/bandwidth commands won't work on those ports. You can
    setup a priority-queue by using the "priority-queue out" interface
    command and setup the bandwidth amount of that and other queues using
    the WRR (weighted round robin) commands. Do a search on CCO for
    "PFC QOS"
    , Jul 10, 2007