    History: I've installed Live Messenger on 2 x XP systems and 1 x Vista
    systems and it has only worked properly on one of the three.

    That's a pretty poor record.
    steve, Mar 22, 2007

  2. On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 22:22:07 +1200, steve wrote:

    > That's a pretty poor record.

    That's Micro$oft software installed on a Micro$oft OS.

    --
    Dianthus Mimulus

    Arno Edelmann: "Usually Microsoft doesn't develop products, we buy products."
    Dianthus Mimulus, Mar 22, 2007

  3. steve

    steve Guest

    "steve" <> wrote in message
    > Bought a new laptop this week. Came preloaded with Windows Vista Home
    > Basic.
    >
    > I installed Windows Live Messenger on it. The install went OK.
    >
    > But as soon as I try to login, Live Messenger crashes. Every single time.
    >
    > History: I've installed Live Messenger on 2 x XP systems and 1 x Vista
    > systems and it has only worked properly on one of the three.
    >
    > That's a pretty poor record.

    About 7pm went into DSE (car parked nearby) in Palmerston North and asked
    about this problem. The guy behind the counter told me two other people had
    told him exactly the same thing earlier today.
    steve, Mar 23, 2007
  4. steve

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <4602593e$>,
    says...
    > Bought a new laptop this week. Came preloaded with Windows Vista Home Basic.
    >
    > I installed Windows Live Messenger on it. The install went OK.
    >
    > But as soon as I try to login, Live Messenger crashes. Every single time.
    >
    > History: I've installed Live Messenger on 2 x XP systems and 1 x Vista
    > systems and it has only worked properly on one of the three.
    >
    > That's a pretty poor record.

    I've seen this when Messenger is installed and the system time is wrong
    (by months or years).

    Check the datetime!

    --
    Duncan
    Dave Doe, Mar 23, 2007
  5. steve

    Bobs Guest

    On Mar 22, 10:22 pm, "steve" <> wrote:
    > Bought a new laptop this week. Came preloaded with Windows Vista Home Basic.
    >
    > I installed Windows Live Messenger on it. The install went OK.
    >
    > But as soon as I try to login, Live Messenger crashes. Every single time.
    >
    > History: I've installed Live Messenger on 2 x XP systems and 1 x Vista
    > systems and it has only worked properly on one of the three.
    >
    > That's a pretty poor record.

    I've rolled it out on hundreds of vista and xp boxes with no problems.
    Bobs, Mar 24, 2007
  6. steve

    steve Guest

    "Bobs" <> wrote in message
    > On Mar 22, 10:22 pm, "steve" <> wrote:
    >> Bought a new laptop this week. Came preloaded with Windows Vista Home
    >> Basic.
    >>
    >> I installed Windows Live Messenger on it. The install went OK.
    >>
    >> But as soon as I try to login, Live Messenger crashes. Every single time.
    >>
    >> History: I've installed Live Messenger on 2 x XP systems and 1 x Vista
    >> systems and it has only worked properly on one of the three.
    >>
    >> That's a pretty poor record.

    > I've rolled it out on hundreds of vista and xp boxes with no problems.

    OK...I'll have a look around and see if there is a solution for it.

    Ta.
    steve, Mar 24, 2007