    All of a sudden my computer isn't displaying gif files. I get that little
    white box with the red X in it. What have I done to create this problem
    and how do I un-do it? Thanks.

    Puzzled, Dec 12, 2004

  2. Puzzled

    °Mike° Guest

    Pictures Are Not Displayed on Web Sites in Internet Explorer

    How Internet Explorer Cache Settings Affect Web Browsing

    Web Accessories Functionality Turns Off Image Downloading

    Images & Pictures - Internet Explorer
    http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/ieimage.htm

    Can't see jpg's or gifs - Red X - images missing
    http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers.htm#jpg_gif

    Enabling and disabling Ad Blocking in Norton
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/pfdocs/2001100915311136

    On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 11:50:10 -0500, in
    <>
    Puzzled scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Dec 12, 2004

  3. Puzzled

    Cassie Guest

    Mike, you are definitely one of the best resources on the internet :)
    Many thanks!

    Cassie, Dec 12, 2004
  4. Puzzled

    Richard Guest

    Puzzled wrote:

    > All of a sudden my computer isn't displaying gif files. I get that little
    > white box with the red X in it. What have I done to create this problem
    > and how do I un-do it? Thanks.

    Try right clicking on a gif file, then select "open with".
    Check the box at the bottom, choose the program.

    In older versions of windows, hold the shift key down while right clicking.

    You may have removed the associated program.

    Richard, Dec 12, 2004
  5. Puzzled

    Cassie Guest

    > Puzzled wrote:
    >
    > > All of a sudden my computer isn't displaying gif files. I get that
    > > little
    > > white box with the red X in it. What have I done to create this
    > > problem
    > > and how do I un-do it? Thanks.

    > Try right clicking on a gif file, then select "open with".
    > Check the box at the bottom, choose the program.
    >
    > In older versions of windows, hold the shift key down while right
    > clicking.
    >
    > You may have removed the associated program.

    Thanks, Richard, but I'm not in any program - just searching for clipart
    for a business card.

    Cassie, Dec 12, 2004
  6. Cassie wrote:

    > "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote in message

    >> Puzzled wrote:

    >> > All of a sudden my computer isn't displaying gif files. I get that
    >> > little
    >> > white box with the red X in it. What have I done to create this
    >> > problem
    >> > and how do I un-do it? Thanks.

    >> Try right clicking on a gif file, then select "open with".
    >> Check the box at the bottom, choose the program.

    >> In older versions of windows, hold the shift key down while right
    >> clicking.

    >> You may have removed the associated program.

    > Thanks, Richard, but I'm not in any program - just searching for clipart
    > for a business card.

    How are you doing that without being "in any program"? Magic?

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Dec 12, 2004
  7. Puzzled

    °Mike° Guest

    Oh, I doubt that, but thanks for the compliment, anyway. :)

    On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 12:58:07 -0500, in
    <gJ%ud.202$>
    Cassie scrawled:

    >Mike, you are definitely one of the best resources on the internet :)
    >Many thanks!

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Dec 12, 2004
  8. Puzzled

    Duck ducking Guest

    On 12 Dec 2004 21:51:07 GMT, Blinky the Shark <>
    wrote:

    >How are you doing that without being "in any program"? Magic?

    Maybe thats why he can't see any gifs.

    Duck ducking, Dec 13, 2004
  9. Duck ducking wrote:

    > On 12 Dec 2004 21:51:07 GMT, Blinky the Shark <>
    > wrote:

    >>How are you doing that without being "in any program"? Magic?

    > Maybe thats why he can't see any gifs.

    That'd do it. :)

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263