    left hand corner of some graphics instead of the actual graphic. Is this
    because the original email was composed in HTML but sent to me in plain
    text? I want to see if I understand this correctly.

    sharonf, Oct 16, 2006

  2. "sharonf" <> wrote in message
    news:4533d31c$0$15914$-secrets.com...
    >I have a problem with some emails showing little red dots in the upper left
    >hand corner of some graphics instead of the actual graphic. Is this because
    >the original email was composed in HTML but sent to me in plain text? I
    >want to see if I understand this correctly.

    Graphics blocked in your email program?

    Douglas C. Neidermeyer, Oct 16, 2006

  3. sharonf

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-10-16, sharonf <> wrote:
    > I have a problem with some emails showing little red dots in the upper
    > left hand corner of some graphics instead of the actual graphic. Is this
    > because the original email was composed in HTML but sent to me in plain
    > text?

    I doubt it.

    > I want to see if I understand this correctly.

    Try looking at the headers and/or 'source' of the message.

    It's possible that your email program (or something) is protecting you from
    potentially dangerous 'links' to 'remote' web pages or images.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Oct 16, 2006
  4. sharonf

    sharonf Guest

    Douglas C. Neidermeyer wrote:
    > "sharonf" <> wrote in message
    >> I have a problem with some emails showing little red dots in the upper left
    >> hand corner of some graphics instead of the actual graphic. Is this because
    >> the original email was composed in HTML but sent to me in plain text? I
    >> want to see if I understand this correctly.

    > Graphics blocked in your email program?

    Nope. I've checked everything and I don't see anything that would
    prevent the graphics from showing.

    sharonf, Oct 17, 2006
  5. sharonf

    sharonf Guest

    Whiskers wrote:
    > On 2006-10-16, sharonf <> wrote:
    >> I have a problem with some emails showing little red dots in the upper
    >> left hand corner of some graphics instead of the actual graphic. Is this
    >> because the original email was composed in HTML but sent to me in plain
    >> text?

    > I doubt it.
    >
    >> I want to see if I understand this correctly.

    > Try looking at the headers and/or 'source' of the message.
    >
    > It's possible that your email program (or something) is protecting you from
    > potentially dangerous 'links' to 'remote' web pages or images.

    I've already checked the source and I can't see anything there that
    would cause this.

    sharonf, Oct 17, 2006
  6. In article <4533d31c$0$15914$-secrets.com>,
    sharonf <> wrote:

    > I have a problem with some emails showing little red dots in the upper
    > left hand corner of some graphics instead of the actual graphic. Is this
    > because the original email was composed in HTML but sent to me in plain
    > text? I want to see if I understand this correctly.

    What email client are you using?

    David Matthew Wood, Oct 17, 2006
  7. sharonf

    sharonf Guest

    David Matthew Wood wrote:
    > In article <4533d31c$0$15914$-secrets.com>,
    > sharonf <> wrote:
    >
    >> I have a problem with some emails showing little red dots in the upper
    >> left hand corner of some graphics instead of the actual graphic. Is this
    >> because the original email was composed in HTML but sent to me in plain
    >> text? I want to see if I understand this correctly.

    > What email client are you using?

    Mozilla Thunderbird 1.5.0.7

    sharonf, Oct 17, 2006
  8. sharonf

    pcdoc2010 Guest

    If the message was sent to you in plain text any graphics or anything
    HTML will not show up.
    What do the red dots look like? Does it look like a picture
    placeholder when the images are not shown?

    also, have you checked your extensions for updates? I have some
    extensions that affect images in email.

    Dan

    pcdoc2010, Oct 18, 2006