    This film is absolutely great. It should win Best Picture at the
    academy awards. The teenage son was a real stand out too. The whole cast
    was great. Great ending.

    Von Fourche, Jan 15, 2007

  2. Von Fourche

    unclejr Guest

    Von Fourche wrote:
    > This film is absolutely great. It should win Best Picture at the
    > academy awards. The teenage son was a real stand out too. The whole cast
    > was great. Great ending.

    When was the last time you saw a comedy win Best Picture?

    -Junior

    unclejr, Jan 15, 2007

  3. Von Fourche

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "unclejr" <> wrote in message
    >> This film is absolutely great. It should win Best Picture at the
    >> academy awards. The teenage son was a real stand out too. The whole
    >> cast
    >> was great. Great ending.

    > When was the last time you saw a comedy win Best Picture?

    Especially such a by-the-numbers formulaic Sundance audience-pleaser?

    Joshua Zyber, Jan 15, 2007
  4. Von Fourche

    Guest

    Joshua Zyber wrote:
    > "unclejr" <> wrote in message
    > >> This film is absolutely great. It should win Best Picture at the
    > >> academy awards. The teenage son was a real stand out too. The whole
    > >> cast
    > >> was great. Great ending.

    > > When was the last time you saw a comedy win Best Picture?

    > Especially such a by-the-numbers formulaic Sundance audience-pleaser?

    Precisely.

    CRANK, starring Jason Statham, was for me the funniest/best of 2006 and
    should win Best Picture.

    , Jan 15, 2007
  5. Von Fourche

    unclejr Guest

    wrote:
    > CRANK, starring Jason Statham, was for me the funniest/best of 2006 and
    > should win Best Picture.

    ODL.

    -Junior

    unclejr, Jan 15, 2007
  6. Von Fourche

    Sam Lowry Guest

    On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 19:31:01 -0800, unclejr wrote:

    > When was the last time you saw a comedy win Best Picture?

    When was the last time you saw the best film win Best Picture?

    -SL

    Sam Lowry, Jan 15, 2007
  7. Von Fourche

    unclejr Guest

    Sam Lowry wrote:
    > When was the last time you saw the best film win Best Picture?

    1999 -- American Beauty

    It was up against: The Sixth Sense, The Cider House Rules, The Green
    Mile, and The Insider.

    -Junior

    unclejr, Jan 15, 2007