    How do I apply this please.
    Thanks.
    Calum
    Calum, Nov 24, 2003

  2. Calum

    Trent C Guest

    > Hi.
    > Just downloaded the FS07 firmware for Liteon LDW-411S.
    > It's presently FS02.
    > It's unzipped as FS07.BIN
    > How do I apply this please.

    By following the installation instructions on the Liteon web site.
    Trent C, Nov 24, 2003

  3. Calum

    Calum Guest

    "Trent C" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi.
    > > Just downloaded the FS07 firmware for Liteon LDW-411S.
    > > It's presently FS02.
    > > It's unzipped as FS07.BIN
    > > How do I apply this please.

    > By following the installation instructions on the Liteon web site.

    Do you mean this.
    If so, how do you get a "text file" to do anything ?

    Make sure your drive's model name by inspecting the safety label on top of
    your drive.
    Download the ZIP file with correct model name.
    Please unzip the downloaded ZIP file.
    Please close all applications under Windows.
    Please make sure to keep power supplier without any interruption during
    upgrade.
    Execute the firmware upgrade execution file.
    Select the drive you want to upgrade ( if you have more than one LITE-ON
    drives ).
    Upgrading ( No power interruption ).
    Reboot your PC to see if the firmware has been changed.
    Calum, Nov 24, 2003
  4. Calum

    Trent C Guest

    > > > Just downloaded the FS07 firmware for Liteon LDW-411S.
    > > > It's presently FS02.
    > > > It's unzipped as FS07.BIN
    > > > How do I apply this please.

    > > By following the installation instructions on the Liteon web site.

    > Do you mean this.
    > If so, how do you get a "text file" to do anything ?
    >
    > Make sure your drive's model name by inspecting the safety label on top of
    > your drive.
    > Download the ZIP file with correct model name.
    > Please unzip the downloaded ZIP file.
    > Please close all applications under Windows.
    > Please make sure to keep power supplier without any interruption during
    > upgrade.
    > Execute the firmware upgrade execution file.
    > Select the drive you want to upgrade ( if you have more than one LITE-ON
    > drives ).
    > Upgrading ( No power interruption ).
    > Reboot your PC to see if the firmware has been changed.

    The installation instructions are indeed in text format - it's what makes
    them so easy to read :)

    The zip file DR4FSOF.zip on the firmware download page
    (http://www.liteonit.com/ODD/english/index-english.htm), however, extracts
    to and executable file (FSOF.exe). Which bit don't you understand?
    Trent C, Nov 24, 2003
  5. Calum

    Calum Guest

    "Trent C" <> wrote in message

    > > > By following the installation instructions on the Liteon web site.

    > > Do you mean this.
    > > If so, how do you get a "text file" to do anything ?
    > >
    > > Make sure your drive's model name by inspecting the safety label on top

    of
    > > your drive.
    > > Download the ZIP file with correct model name.
    > > Please unzip the downloaded ZIP file.
    > > Please close all applications under Windows.
    > > Please make sure to keep power supplier without any interruption during
    > > upgrade.
    > > Execute the firmware upgrade execution file.
    > > Select the drive you want to upgrade ( if you have more than one LITE-ON
    > > drives ).
    > > Upgrading ( No power interruption ).
    > > Reboot your PC to see if the firmware has been changed.

    > The installation instructions are indeed in text format - it's what makes
    > them so easy to read :)
    >
    > The zip file DR4FSOF.zip on the firmware download page
    > (http://www.liteonit.com/ODD/english/index-english.htm), however, extracts
    > to and executable file (FSOF.exe). Which bit don't you understand?

    I think it's you who has the problem understanding.
    As already stated, the file has unzipped as an FS07.BIN
    file, which although is a text file, is in no way readable,
    unless you know what this means ¡@òÒ etc.
    One of us is on the wrong NG, I thought this was
    24hoursupport.helpdesk.
    You're not much help at all.
    Calum, Nov 24, 2003
  6. Calum

    Trent C Guest

    > > > Do you mean this.
    > > > If so, how do you get a "text file" to do anything ?
    > > >
    > > > Make sure your drive's model name by inspecting the safety label on

    top
    > of
    > > > your drive.
    > > > Download the ZIP file with correct model name.
    > > > Please unzip the downloaded ZIP file.
    > > > Please close all applications under Windows.
    > > > Please make sure to keep power supplier without any interruption

    during
    > > > upgrade.
    > > > Execute the firmware upgrade execution file.
    > > > Select the drive you want to upgrade ( if you have more than one

    LITE-ON
    > > > drives ).
    > > > Upgrading ( No power interruption ).
    > > > Reboot your PC to see if the firmware has been changed.

    > > The installation instructions are indeed in text format - it's what

    makes
    > > them so easy to read :)
    > >
    > > The zip file DR4FSOF.zip on the firmware download page
    > > (http://www.liteonit.com/ODD/english/index-english.htm), however,

    extracts
    > > to and executable file (FSOF.exe). Which bit don't you understand?

    > I think it's you who has the problem understanding.
    > As already stated, the file has unzipped as an FS07.BIN
    > file, which although is a text file, is in no way readable,
    > unless you know what this means ¡@òÒ etc.
    > One of us is on the wrong NG, I thought this was
    > 24hoursupport.helpdesk.
    > You're not much help at all.

    According to the download I have just repeated the zip file, when
    uncompressed with WinZip 8.1 (4331), comes out as an 1.3Mb exe file. I
    suggest you try the download again - it's always possible that it was
    corrupted when you tried it before. It has a yellow icon with the letters
    'Up' in pink italic and 'FW' in red below.

    I've uploaded the uncompressed file to my personal webspace
    (www.pcave.plus.com/FSOF.exe) so you can download it from there. It goes
    without saying that you should exercise caution and run every antivirus on
    the file!

    HTH
    Trent C, Nov 24, 2003
  7. Calum

    Trent C Guest

    Calum wrote:
    || "Trent C" <> wrote in message
    ||| The installation instructions are indeed in text format - it's what
    ||| makes them so easy to read :)
    ||| The zip file DR4FSOF.zip on the firmware download page
    ||| (http://www.liteonit.com/ODD/english/index-english.htm), however,
    ||| extracts to and executable file (FSOF.exe). Which bit don't you
    ||| understand?
    || I think it's you who has the problem understanding.
    || As already stated, the file has unzipped as an FS07.BIN
    || file, which although is a text file, is in no way readable,
    || unless you know what this means ¡@òÒ etc.
    || One of us is on the wrong NG, I thought this was
    || 24hoursupport.helpdesk.
    || You're not much help at all.

    And if you read the correct set of instructions they tell you to load
    certain files from within windows and other files using a dos based utility.

    You can read, can't you.

    <aside: Useless ****>
    Trent C, Nov 24, 2003
  8. Calum

    Trent C Guest

    > top
    > > of

    > during

    > LITE-ON
    > > >
    > > > The installation instructions are indeed in text format - it's what

    > makes
    > > > them so easy to read :)
    > > >
    > > > The zip file DR4FSOF.zip on the firmware download page
    > > > (http://www.liteonit.com/ODD/english/index-english.htm), however,

    > extracts
    > > > to and executable file (FSOF.exe). Which bit don't you understand?

    > > I think it's you who has the problem understanding.
    > > As already stated, the file has unzipped as an FS07.BIN
    > > file, which although is a text file, is in no way readable,
    > > unless you know what this means ¡@òÒ etc.
    > > One of us is on the wrong NG, I thought this was
    > > 24hoursupport.helpdesk.
    > > You're not much help at all.

    > According to the download I have just repeated the zip file, when
    > uncompressed with WinZip 8.1 (4331), comes out as an 1.3Mb exe file. I
    > suggest you try the download again - it's always possible that it was
    > corrupted when you tried it before. It has a yellow icon with the letters
    > 'Up' in pink italic and 'FW' in red below.
    >
    > I've uploaded the uncompressed file to my personal webspace
    > (www.pcave.plus.com/FSOF.exe) so you can download it from there. It goes
    > without saying that you should exercise caution and run every antivirus on
    > the file!
    >
    > HTH

    Sorry, that link should read as follows: www.pcave.plus.com/FS0F.exe (didn't
    spot the zero).
    Trent C, Nov 24, 2003
  9. Calum

    Trent C Guest

    HEY, dickweed - don't steal my name. I'm doing my best to help this guy -
    you're just throwing insults around.

    Trent C, Nov 24, 2003
  10. Calum

    Trent C Guest

    Trent C wrote:
    || HEY, dickweed - don't steal my name. I'm doing my best to help this
    || guy - you're just throwing insults around.

    You mean you think you are the only person in the world called Trent C?
    Perhaps you also believe that having a tiff with some poor fucker in Usenet
    is trying to help them?

    You are even more of a useless **** than the OP

    Trent.
    Trent C, Nov 24, 2003
  11. Calum

    Patrick Guest

    Calum wrote:
    > "Trent C" <> wrote in message

    >>> Do you mean this.
    >>> If so, how do you get a "text file" to do anything ?
    >>>
    >>> Make sure your drive's model name by inspecting the safety label on
    >>> top of your drive.
    >>> Download the ZIP file with correct model name.
    >>> Please unzip the downloaded ZIP file.
    >>> Please close all applications under Windows.
    >>> Please make sure to keep power supplier without any interruption
    >>> during upgrade.
    >>> Execute the firmware upgrade execution file.
    >>> Select the drive you want to upgrade ( if you have more than one
    >>> LITE-ON drives ).
    >>> Upgrading ( No power interruption ).
    >>> Reboot your PC to see if the firmware has been changed.

    >> The installation instructions are indeed in text format - it's what
    >> makes them so easy to read :)
    >>
    >> The zip file DR4FSOF.zip on the firmware download page
    >> (http://www.liteonit.com/ODD/english/index-english.htm), however,
    >> extracts to and executable file (FSOF.exe). Which bit don't you
    >> understand?

    > I think it's you who has the problem understanding.
    > As already stated, the file has unzipped as an FS07.BIN
    > file, which although is a text file, is in no way readable,
    > unless you know what this means ¡@òÒ etc.
    > One of us is on the wrong NG, I thought this was
    > 24hoursupport.helpdesk.
    > You're not much help at all.

    I am in agreement with 'Trent C', as he says, the file "DR4FS0F.zip"
    contains;
    \DR4FS0F\FS0F.exe
    Size: 1.32 MB (1,388,544 bytes)
    Created & Modified : 17 November 2003, 17:51:44
    Patrick, Nov 24, 2003
  12. Calum

    Trent C Guest

    > || HEY, dickweed - don't steal my name. I'm doing my best to help this
    > || guy - you're just throwing insults around.
    >
    > You mean you think you are the only person in the world called Trent C?
    > Perhaps you also believe that having a tiff with some poor fucker in

    Usenet
    > is trying to help them?
    >
    > You are even more of a useless **** than the OP

    I rest my case.

    The /original/ Trent C
    Trent C, Nov 24, 2003
  13. Calum

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 16:32:01 -0000, "Calum" <> wrote:

    >"Trent C" <> wrote in message
    >> > Hi.
    >> > Just downloaded the FS07 firmware for Liteon LDW-411S.
    >> > It's presently FS02.
    >> > It's unzipped as FS07.BIN
    >> > How do I apply this please.

    >> By following the installation instructions on the Liteon web site.

    >Do you mean this.
    >If so, how do you get a "text file" to do anything ?
    >
    >Make sure your drive's model name by inspecting the safety label on top of
    >your drive.
    >Download the ZIP file with correct model name.
    >Please unzip the downloaded ZIP file.
    >Please close all applications under Windows.
    >Please make sure to keep power supplier without any interruption during
    >upgrade.
    >Execute the firmware upgrade execution file.
    >Select the drive you want to upgrade ( if you have more than one LITE-ON
    >drives ).
    >Upgrading ( No power interruption ).
    >Reboot your PC to see if the firmware has been changed.

    Do the following.

    Make sure your drive's model name by inspecting the safety label on top of
    your drive.
    Download the ZIP file with correct model name.
    Please unzip the downloaded ZIP file.
    Please close all applications under Windows.
    Please make sure to keep power supplier without any interruption during
    upgrade.
    Execute the firmware upgrade execution file.
    Select the drive you want to upgrade ( if you have more than one LITE-ON
    drives ).
    Upgrading ( No power interruption ).
    Reboot your PC to see if the firmware has been changed.

    -Barry
    ========
    Barry OGrady, Nov 25, 2003
  14. Calum

    Trent C Guest

    Trent C wrote:
    ||| You mean you think you are the only person in the world called
    ||| Trent C? Perhaps you also believe that having a tiff with some poor
    ||| fucker in Usenet is trying to help them?
    ||| You are even more of a useless **** than the OP
    || I rest my case.

    You rest your single brain cell too, it seems.

    || The /original/ Trent C

    Prove it, you stupid ****.

    Trent C
    Trent C, Nov 25, 2003