    it incorrectly?

    thanks

    will.
    will, Oct 16, 2003

  2. will

    KS Guest

    Re: Woger -On DVD+/-RW any good?

    will wrote:
    > hi,
    >
    > xpcomputer is selling LiteOn 411S
    > (http://www.liteonit.com/ODD/english/new_p_e/english--p-drw4440.htm)
    > for $340 incl GST. any comments?

    Aww c'mon Woger, it's been over 20 minutes since this was posted.

    Where's the expertise ?

    Sigh, well I remember the good ol' days. When a WOger all-mighty post
    appeared moments later, deriding any other (crap of course) opinion...
    KS, Oct 16, 2003

  3. will

    Dogg Guest

    Re: Woger -On DVD+/-RW any good?

    On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 13:24:34 +1300, "KS" <>
    wrote:

    <snip>

    >Sigh, well I remember the good ol' days. When a WOger all-mighty post
    >appeared moments later, deriding any other (crap of course) opinion...

    Ahhhh the memories......
    Dogg, Oct 16, 2003
  4. will

    Paul Mathews Guest

    Re: Woger -On DVD+/-RW any good?

    On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 13:24:34 +1300, "KS" <> wrote:

    >will wrote:
    >> hi,
    >>
    >> xpcomputer is selling LiteOn 411S
    >> (http://www.liteonit.com/ODD/english/new_p_e/english--p-drw4440.htm)
    >> for $340 incl GST. any comments?

    >Aww c'mon Woger, it's been over 20 minutes since this was posted.
    >
    >Where's the expertise ?
    >
    >Sigh, well I remember the good ol' days. When a WOger all-mighty post
    >appeared moments later, deriding any other (crap of course) opinion...

    Have a Read..

    DVD RAM is better in backing up Data from what it states..
    Paul Mathews, Oct 16, 2003
  5. will

    jedmesiter Guest

    Don't know about this drive in particular, but DVD write speed is quick..I
    burnt 4.3 gig of digital photos in approx 20 minutes using DVD+RW.

    Consider the blank media cost also, DVD-RW is a bit cheaper.

    DVD+RW disks are $15.00 each locally. I bought a 25 DVD+RW blanks using
    Ebay, from the US, for a total cost of about $4.50 NZ each, and no problems
    so far.

    "will" <> wrote in message
    > hi,
    >
    > xpcomputer is selling LiteOn 411S
    > (http://www.liteonit.com/ODD/english/new_p_e/english--p-drw4440.htm) for
    > $340 incl GST. any comments?
    >
    > another > interesting fact that shows my ignorance is, i'm always put off
    > by > thanksDVD writers' writing speed - 2X or 4X will take a long time to

    fill a

    jedmesiter, Oct 16, 2003
  6. jedmesiter wrote:
    > Don't know about this drive in particular, but DVD write speed is quick..I
    > burnt 4.3 gig of digital photos in approx 20 minutes using DVD+RW.
    >
    > Consider the blank media cost also, DVD-RW is a bit cheaper.
    >
    > DVD+RW disks are $15.00 each locally. I bought a 25 DVD+RW blanks using
    > Ebay, from the US, for a total cost of about $4.50 NZ each, and no problems
    > so far.
    >
    > "will" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>hi,
    >>
    >>xpcomputer is selling LiteOn 411S
    >>(http://www.liteonit.com/ODD/english/new_p_e/english--p-drw4440.htm) for
    >>$340 incl GST. any comments?
    >>
    >>another > interesting fact that shows my ignorance is, i'm always put off
    >>by > thanksDVD writers' writing speed - 2X or 4X will take a long time to

    > fill a
    >
    >>4GB disc i thought.

    >>but the URL above seems to indicate DVD writer's 4X is 5400KB/sec, while
    >>CD writer's 40X is 6000KB. so it's actually not too bad, or am i reading
    >>it incorrectly?
    >>

    >>will.

    Food for thought, I was reading on the DVD+RW alliance site that Philips
    have just demonstrated a dual layer +RW burner that can write around
    8.5G's. Might be worth waiting for?
    Graeme Woollett, Oct 16, 2003
  7. will

    Gordon Guest

    On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 17:03:59 +1300, Graeme Woollett wrote:

    > Food for thought, I was reading on the DVD+RW alliance site that Philips
    > have just demonstrated a dual layer +RW burner that can write around
    > 8.5G's. Might be worth waiting for?

    Might be, but then so was everthing which has lead us to where we are now.

    Gordon, Oct 16, 2003
  8. On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 17:27:01 +1300, Gordon wrote:

    > On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 17:03:59 +1300, Graeme Woollett wrote:
    >
    >> Food for thought, I was reading on the DVD+RW alliance site that Philips
    >> have just demonstrated a dual layer +RW burner that can write around
    >> 8.5G's. Might be worth waiting for?

    > Might be, but then so was everthing which has lead us to where we are now.

    Blu-ray is 23Gb, but the writers are US$5000 at the moment... :)
    Uncle StoatWarbler, Oct 16, 2003
  9. Uncle StoatWarbler wrote:
    > On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 17:27:01 +1300, Gordon wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 17:03:59 +1300, Graeme Woollett wrote:
    >>
    >>> Food for thought, I was reading on the DVD+RW alliance site that
    >>> Philips have just demonstrated a dual layer +RW burner that can
    >>> write around
    >>> 8.5G's. Might be worth waiting for?

    >> Might be, but then so was everthing which has lead us to where we
    >> are now.

    > Blu-ray is 23Gb, but the writers are US$5000 at the moment... :)

    So were normal DVD writers when they first came in.. give it time, and we'll
    all be making harddrive backups on a single disk for the price of a
    CD-writer :).

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock
    Nicholas Sherlock, Oct 16, 2003