    Other DVD / DVDRW drives and CD / CDRW drives work fine for both PCs.
    Can anyone advise, please?

    ---
    Ayaz Ali, Jul 9, 2003

  2. "Ayaz Ali" <> wrote in message
    news:Z7JOa.194$...
    > I'm having considerable difficulty with this DVD drive.
    > I'm building a brand new spec PC.
    > I connected the DVD drive to the secondary IDE as the master (my system

    has
    > no other drives, other than the master hard disk drive on the primary

    IDE).
    > However, although BIOS recognises the make and model of the DVD drive,
    > Windows 2000 takes ages to boot up and slows down in every application;

    the
    > light on the DVD flashes continuously, and Windows doesn't recognise the

    DVD
    > drive or assign it a drive letter.
    > I also tried setting it up as a slave on both channels, and even fitted it
    > to my main PC - but the same problem persisted.
    > Other DVD / DVDRW drives and CD / CDRW drives work fine for both PCs.
    > Can anyone advise, please?

    Yes. Return the drive for a replacement. You've tried it on more than one PC
    and the problem persists. Other optical drives work. That means either the
    drive is defective or you are making the same mistake with this drive (and
    this drive only) over and over.

    --
    Dean for America!
    http://deanforamerica.com