    Thanks
    James
    A+, I-Net+, CIW, MCP

    Tedyabre, Jan 15, 2009

  2. "Tedyabre" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Just a general question here but how does everyone list their
    > certifiactaions
    > after there name? Or I guess what would be the proper way to list them?
    > Also i have the MCP (271) after I acheive 272 and become a MCDST to I drop
    > the MCP?
    >
    > Thanks
    > James
    > A+, I-Net+, CIW, MCP

    There's no real "official" criteria for how to do this, James, but the
    conventional wisdom that I've been exposed to over the years is that the
    most significant, or most important, is listed first, and the rest in
    decreasing order of significance.

    Generally, also, you'd want to drop the lesser included certifications, so
    yes, once completing the exam that achieves the MCDST, I'd drop the MCP.

    Also, in this sig, you can see I've taken a rather ostentatious methodology
    of listing my certs. One of the challenges with generic cert titles
    (acronyms) like MCDST, MCITP, etc. is that they don't always exclude certs
    at the lower levels (i.e. MCP, MCTS). As it happens, I have several MCP and
    one MCTS cert that are not wholly included in higher certs (the MCTS enroute
    to another MCITP, and the MCPs enroute to an MCSE).

    In a more conventional (or conservative) sig, you'll more likely see
    something like:

    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

    Lawrence Garvin \(MVP\), Jan 15, 2009

  3. Tedyabre

    Montreal_MCT Guest

    Personally I only list one cert after my name... when I do. Mitch Garvis,
    MCT.
    There was a time when I listed them in order of descending value, so it was
    Mitch Garvis, MCSA, MCDST.

    Because MCP is (once you have another cert) just a stepping stone, I dropped
    it once I had my first senior cert.

    Good luck on 272!

    Mitch Garvis
    Microsoft MVP: Essential Server Solutions
    http://garvis.ca/blogs

    Montreal_MCT, Jan 21, 2009