    I hooked my xm radio reciever to the line in on my sound card. I can record
    the signal and then play it back, but how do I just listen to the line in
    signal? Do I need a plugin?
    Mail Hauler, Dec 21, 2005

  2. Mail Hauler

    Mitch Guest

    In article <>, Mail Hauler
    <pas'> wrote:

    > I hooked my xm radio reciever to the line in on my sound card. I can record
    > the signal and then play it back, but how do I just listen to the line in
    > signal? Do I need a plugin?

    Can you set your OS to play the signal through to output?

    That may just be a setting on Sound controls.
    Mitch, Dec 21, 2005

  3. Mail Hauler

    Mail Hauler Guest

    "Mitch" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>, Mail Hauler
    > <pas'> wrote:
    >
    >> I hooked my xm radio reciever to the line in on my sound card. I can
    >> record
    >> the signal and then play it back, but how do I just listen to the line in
    >> signal? Do I need a plugin?
    >>

    > Can you set your OS to play the signal through to output?
    >
    > That may just be a setting on Sound controls.

    I don't know. I have Winders XP Pro
    Mail Hauler, Dec 21, 2005
  4. Howdy!

    "Mail Hauler" <pas'> wrote in message
    > I hooked my xm radio reciever to the line in on my sound card. I can

    record
    > the signal and then play it back, but how do I just listen to the line in
    > signal? Do I need a plugin?

    Double-click on the "Volume Control" icon in the system tray.
    Uncheck the "Mute" button under "Line In", and slide the mixer control up
    and down to where you want it.

    If it doesn't show up, then go Options --> Advanced and turn on the
    display of the Line-In mixer control.

    RwP
    Ralph Wade Phillips, Dec 21, 2005
  5. Mail Hauler

    dadiOH Guest

    Mail Hauler wrote:
    > I hooked my xm radio reciever to the line in on my sound card. I can
    > record the signal and then play it back, but how do I just listen to
    > the line in signal? Do I need a plugin?

    Set Sound Control (the volume icon) to use line in.

    --
    dadiOH

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
    dadiOH, Dec 21, 2005