    is 31kbps. I'm trying to listen to a window media streaming at 32kbps but
    my connection can't keep up. I've tried stream rippers but no joy.

    Anyone know any tricks to help me listen to the 32kbps stream?

    TWIST, Sep 2, 2005

  2. TWIST

    Chas Guest

    "TWIST" <> wrote in message
    news:itURe.2164$...
    > The fastest connection I get with my isp is 31kbps. I do have a v.92 modem
    > 56k and my isp supports 56k modems, but as I said my fastest connection
    > speed
    > is 31kbps. I'm trying to listen to a window media streaming at 32kbps but
    > my connection can't keep up. I've tried stream rippers but no joy.
    >
    > Anyone know any tricks to help me listen to the 32kbps stream?

    Broadband?

    Chas, Sep 2, 2005

  3. "Chas" <> wrote in message

    > "TWIST" <> wrote in message
    >> The fastest connection I get with my isp is 31kbps. I do have a v.92
    >> modem
    >> 56k and my isp supports 56k modems, but as I said my fastest connection
    >> speed
    >> is 31kbps. I'm trying to listen to a window media streaming at 32kbps but
    >> my connection can't keep up. I've tried stream rippers but no joy.
    >>
    >> Anyone know any tricks to help me listen to the 32kbps stream?
    >>

    > Broadband?

    31kps is quite acceptable for dial up. No one gets 56kps.

    Like Chas said - get broadband. Most streams expect this these days.

    **SS**

    Secret Squiddle, Sep 2, 2005
  4. TWIST

    TWIST Guest

    "Secret Squiddle" <> wrote in message

    > "Chas" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "TWIST" <> wrote in message
    >>> The fastest connection I get with my isp is 31kbps. I do have a v.92
    >>> modem
    >>> 56k and my isp supports 56k modems, but as I said my fastest connection
    >>> speed
    >>> is 31kbps. I'm trying to listen to a window media streaming at 32kbps
    >>> but
    >>> my connection can't keep up. I've tried stream rippers but no joy.
    >>>
    >>> Anyone know any tricks to help me listen to the 32kbps stream?
    >>>

    >> Broadband?

    > 31kps is quite acceptable for dial up. No one gets 56kps.
    >
    > Like Chas said - get broadband. Most streams expect this these days.

    Cheers, I suppose it's got to be done.

    TWIST, Sep 2, 2005
  5. TWIST

    f f Guest

    "TWIST" <> wrote in message

    > "Secret Squiddle" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Chas" <> wrote in

    message

    > >> "TWIST" <> wrote in message

    connection

    > >> Broadband?

    > > 31kps is quite acceptable for dial up. No one gets 56kps.
    > >
    > > Like Chas said - get broadband. Most streams expect this these days.
    > >

    > Cheers, I suppose it's got to be done.

    i guess some places still cant get bb or cable? or this new sattellite thing
    so then what?

    f f, Jan 25, 2006