List PCI Expansion Cards?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Spare, Jan 3, 2008.

  1. Spare

    Spare Guest

    Is there a utility that will list the expansion cards present in a
    system?

    Thanks

    Spare, Jan 3, 2008

  2. Spare

    Tony Guest

    aida32pe_375.zip It's freeware. Also known as aida32.exe

    Tony, Jan 3, 2008

  3. Spare

    Guest

    , Jan 3, 2008
  4. Spare

    chuckcar Guest

    Spare <> wrote in

    > Is there a utility that will list the expansion cards present in a
    > system?
    >
    > Thanks

    Why bother - open the case and look.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Jan 3, 2008
  5. Spare

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Spare wrote:
    > Is there a utility that will list the expansion cards present in a
    > system?

    Yes, type lspci at the command prompt whilst logged in as root.

    Desk Rabbit, Jan 3, 2008
  6. Spare

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 17:04:22 -0800 (PST), Spare wrote:

    >Is there a utility that will list the expansion cards present in a
    >system?

    Yes, it will also list other PCI devices.

    See past posts in 24HSHD,
    or just Google for pcitree. It's been mentioned before.

    Me

    why?, Jan 3, 2008
  7. Spare

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Wed, 02 Jan 2008 17:04:22 -0800, Spare wrote:

    > Is there a utility that will list the expansion cards present in a
    > system?
    >
    > Thanks

    lspci

    Meat Plow, Jan 3, 2008
  8. Spare

    Dan C Guest

    On Thu, 03 Jan 2008 11:59:35 -0500, Meat Plow wrote:

    >> Is there a utility that will list the expansion cards present in a
    >> system?

    > lspci

    Heh. I doubt that a Windoze-using Google-Groper will have much use for
    that... ;)

    Dan C, Jan 3, 2008
  9. Spare

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 03 Jan 2008 12:11:47 -0600, Dan C wrote:

    > On Thu, 03 Jan 2008 11:59:35 -0500, Meat Plow wrote:
    >
    >>> Is there a utility that will list the expansion cards present in a
    >>> system?

    >> lspci

    > Heh. I doubt that a Windoze-using Google-Groper will have much use for
    > that... ;)

    I didn't look at his headers and he didn't mention the o/s :p

    Meat Plow, Jan 3, 2008
  10. Spare

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 03 Jan 2008 12:11:47 -0600, Dan C wrote:

    > On Thu, 03 Jan 2008 11:59:35 -0500, Meat Plow wrote:
    >
    >>> Is there a utility that will list the expansion cards present in a
    >>> system?

    >> lspci

    > Heh. I doubt that a Windoze-using Google-Groper will have much use for
    > that... ;)

    I forgot to add the -vv to lspci and even toss in a -t for prosperity :)

    Meat Plow, Jan 3, 2008
  11. Spare

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 03 Jan 2008 12:11:47 -0600, Dan C wrote:

    >On Thu, 03 Jan 2008 11:59:35 -0500, Meat Plow wrote:
    >
    >>> Is there a utility that will list the expansion cards present in a
    >>> system?

    >> lspci

    >Heh. I doubt that a Windoze-using Google-Groper will have much use for
    >that... ;)

    Only because Win 5.1 is in the msg header.

    OP could d/l any of the live CD/DVD and see if it will run from 1 of
    them.

    Although it would be a good test of cygwin :)

    Me

    why?, Jan 3, 2008
  12. Spare

    Dan C Guest

    On Thu, 03 Jan 2008 19:19:33 +0000, why? wrote:

    >>> lspci

    >>Heh. I doubt that a Windoze-using Google-Groper will have much use for
    >>that... ;)

    > Only because Win 5.1 is in the msg header.

    What?

    > OP could d/l any of the live CD/DVD and see if it will run from 1 of
    > them.

    Yeah. I suppose. Do you think a Windoze-using Google-Groper is going to
    download/burn/run a Linux liveCD just to list his PCI devices? ........
    I don't either.

    > Although it would be a good test of cygwin :)

    I wouldn't know about that.

    Dan C, Jan 3, 2008
  13. Spare

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 03 Jan 2008 17:36:46 -0600, Dan C wrote:

    >>>Heh. I doubt that a Windoze-using Google-Groper will have much use for
    >>>that... ;)

    >> Only because Win 5.1 is in the msg header.

    >What?

    OP didn't say what OS, only clue is message header.

    All that's neede now is a Google-Groper post from a Lunix PC :)

    <snip>

    Me

    why?, Jan 4, 2008