    Best regards
    Marc

    , Sep 6, 2007

  2. Carl Navarro Guest

    On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 13:42:02 -0700, wrote:

    >Hello!
    >
    >I want to setup a VOIP project in the USA and want to block phone
    >calls to special numbers like expensive service numbers, mobile phone
    >numbers and phone numbers like police and so on. I have no idea how
    >the phone number structure in the US is set up. So I am looking for
    >kind of a list that tells me in which way such numbers can be checked
    >by a script so that only "normal" phone numbers can be called.
    >
    >Best regards
    >Marc

    Our system doesn't work that way. The caller pays for calls into
    XXX-976 numbers, but I think they only work in your home area code.
    With the exception of a specific 800 numbers calls to toll-free
    numbers are free, and except for a Carribean code, calls to area codes
    are billed at the same rate. If you call a cell phone, the called
    number pays airtime and the caller only has to pay if it is long
    distance.

    As far as police, you can randomly dial the 10-digit number associated
    with 911 in our exchange...well sort of, but you'd have to know all
    the trunk numbers to block them.

    Carl Navarro

    Carl Navarro, Sep 7, 2007

  3. Hongtian Guest

    On Sep 7, 4:42 am, wrote:
    > Hello!
    >
    > I want to setup a VOIP project in the USA and want to block phone
    > calls to special numbers like expensive service numbers, mobile phone
    > numbers and phone numbers like police and so on. I have no idea how
    > the phone number structure in the US is set up. So I am looking for
    > kind of a list that tells me in which way such numbers can be checked
    > by a script so that only "normal" phone numbers can be called.
    >
    > Best regards
    > Marc

    Hi Marc,

    I suggest you to try miniSipServer(MSS) which is a SIP server for
    windows. You can use miniSipServer to connect to your carriers and
    register your SIP phones/clients to MSS.

    In MSS, you can configure dialing plan to block special service
    numbers, and more, it provides a feature 'system blacklist', it can
    also help you to block calls.

    Have a try.

    B.R.
    Hongtian