    database or spreadsheet? Can we somehow transfer a folder's file names into
    a database or spreadsheet?

    Howie
    Howie, Nov 8, 2004

  2. Howie

    Drifter Guest

    On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 21:02:21 -0600, "Howie" <> wrote:

    >My wife and I have a pile of digital photos that we have named accordingly.
    >My question:
    >
    >How can we compile a list of these photos without having to type them into a
    >database or spreadsheet? Can we somehow transfer a folder's file names into
    >a database or spreadsheet?
    >
    >Howie

    There has been quite a discussion about this on rec.photo.digital.
    You might want to re-ask this question there.

    Drifter
    "I've been here, I've been there..."
    Drifter, Nov 8, 2004

  3. Howie

    colin Guest

    Howie <> wrote in message
    > My wife and I have a pile of digital photos that we have named

    accordingly.
    > My question:
    >
    > How can we compile a list of these photos without having to type them into

    > database or spreadsheet? Can we somehow transfer a folder's file names

    into
    > a database or spreadsheet?
    >
    > Howie

    command prompt
    dir >directory.txt
    Sends the directory listing for the current directory to a file called
    "directory.txt":

    dir /s >directory.txt
    Sends the directory listing for the current directory and any files within
    sub-directories to a file called "directory.txt":

    dir /?
    For help

    Note: Any longfilenames are truncated to longfile~1
    colin, Nov 8, 2004
  4. Howie

    Kenny Guest

    Useful little free program.