List of messages

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Peigi Penney, Feb 27, 2005.

  1. Peigi Penney

    Peigi Penney Guest

    Why does my message list start with the oldest message instead of the
    latest. Also, when I have my problem solved is it not proper to delete it
    so it won't make the list so long.

    Peigi Penney, Feb 27, 2005

  2. Peigi Penney

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Peigi Penney" <> wrote in message
    news:M_qUd.3771$...
    > Why does my message list start with the oldest message instead of the
    > latest. Also, when I have my problem solved is it not proper to delete it
    > so it won't make the list so long.

    1) you change the sort order of most anything in Windows, including OE
    messages, by clicking on the heading at the top of the column you wish to
    sort by.

    2) yes, after they are sorted by the date (or subject, or whatever) you want
    to select by, click on the first one, hold down the shift key and press End.
    That marks all messages from the first to the last. They you can press the
    Delete key. CAUTION: this cannot be un-done. Be sure you have selected only
    the messages you want to delete!

    Toolman Tim, Feb 27, 2005

  3. Peigi Penney

    THEOLDONE Guest

    On tool bar click "View" ... Sort By:

    Slide mouse pointer over to box that opens and go to bottom and select
    Sort by Descending

    Now the lastest date will appear on top when you open

    HTH

    When dialog box opens go to bottom and check either

    THEOLDONE, Feb 27, 2005
  4. Peigi Penney

    WormWood Guest

    > Why does my message list start with the oldest message instead of the
    > latest. Also, when I have my problem solved is it not proper to
    > delete it so it won't make the list so long.

    View / Sort By / Sent. Select Ascending or Descending.

    Deleting two or three posts will not make a noticeable difference in the
    size of your message list.

    WormWood, Feb 27, 2005