list of free VoIP softphones/services

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Matthew Bates, CSULB, Sep 13, 2005.

  1. A few days ago, Cesar V via HWKB.com posted a thread announcing th
    launch of the new Kapanga softphone. I thought it would b
    interesting/helpful to post a larger list of softphones/services fo
    comparison. What makes it even better is that all of the software an
    services listed here are free:

    **encrypted, open source, and point to point**
    Speak Freely
    Robust Audio Tool
    Any secure tunneling method

    **encrypted and point to point**
    Secure Phone Lite
    Foopchat
    Secure Shuttle Transport
    Gaim
    Skype

    **open source and point to point**
    I Hear U
    CPhone
    KPhone
    LinPhone
    SipXPhone
    Gnome-O-Phone
    VOCAL

    **point to point**
    SJPhone
    X-Lite
    EZ-Phone
    PC-Telephone
    Firefly
    CDC32
    LIPZ4
    XtX
    INRIA Free Phone

    **service provider solutions**
    MS NetMeeting
    MSN IM
    AIM
    iVisit Lite
    PalTalk

    More complete VoIP softphone and services lists can be found at th
    following web sites:
    http://www.iptelephony.org/GIP/vendors/client-phones/
    http://www.voip-info.org/
    http://www.pulver.com/
    http://www.voipsupply.com/
    http://www.voip-news.com/
    http://www.pernau.at/kd/voip/bookmarks-sip-rtp-ua.html
    http://www.epic.org/privacy/tools.htm

    --
    Matthew Bates, CSULB

    Matthew Bates, CSULB, Sep 13, 2005

  2. On 09/13/2005 02:57 PM, Matthew Bates wrote:
    > A few days ago, Cesar V via HWKB.com posted a thread announcing the
    > launch of the new Kapanga softphone. I thought it would be
    > interesting/helpful to post a larger list of softphones/services for
    > comparison. What makes it even better is that all of the software and
    > services listed here are free:
    >
    > **encrypted, open source, and point to point**
    > Speak Freely
    > Robust Audio Tool
    > Any secure tunneling method
    >
    > **encrypted and point to point**
    > Secure Phone Lite
    > Foopchat
    > Secure Shuttle Transport
    > Gaim
    > Skype
    >
    > **open source and point to point**
    > I Hear U
    > CPhone
    > KPhone
    > LinPhone
    > SipXPhone
    > Gnome-O-Phone
    > VOCAL

    You missed a few like Gnomemeeting, ohphone, YATE-GTK2 and Gizmo.

    > **point to point**
    > SJPhone
    > X-Lite
    > EZ-Phone
    > PC-Telephone
    > Firefly
    > CDC32
    > LIPZ4
    > XtX
    > INRIA Free Phone
    >
    > **service provider solutions**
    > MS NetMeeting
    > MSN IM
    > AIM
    > iVisit Lite
    > PalTalk
    >

    > More complete VoIP softphone and services lists can be found at the
    > following web sites:
    > http://www.iptelephony.org/GIP/vendors/client-phones/
    > http://www.voip-info.org/
    > http://www.pulver.com/
    > http://www.voipsupply.com/
    > http://www.voip-news.com/
    > http://www.pernau.at/kd/voip/bookmarks-sip-rtp-ua.html
    > http://www.epic.org/privacy/tools.html

    Matthew, thanks a lot... is a good list otherwise.

    --
    Dr Balwinder Singh Dheeman Registered Linux User: #229709
    CLLO (Chief Linux Learning Officer) Machines: #168573, 170593, 259192

    Dr Balwinder Singh Dheeman, Sep 14, 2005

  3. Matthew Bates, CSULB

    Guest

    There is also another new P2P voice project similar to speak freely and
    called cameloid (it was designed for high level privacy).
    The project website is http://cameloid.sourceforge.net. I have been
    using it, it is really good.

    , Sep 29, 2005
  4. Matthew Bates, CSULB

    fenesiistvan

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    My faworite is Mizu softphone from mizu-softphone.com

    fenesiistvan, Mar 12, 2009
  5. Matthew Bates, CSULB

    adoreinfo

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Free Softphone

    AdoreSoftphone2.0/Adore Premium Softphone is a PC based SoftPhone that uses SIP signaling protocol to let you make calls on IP. It features an intuitive and easy-to-use GUI (Graphical User Interface) that allows callers to make VoIP calls with ease and comfort. AdoreSoftphone2.0/Adore Premium Softphone has been developed keeping special focus on “voice quality control” and enhanced features like Echo Cancellation, Jitter/Buffer, Packets Management, Noise Suppression etc. This provides, the callers, a high quality conversation irrespective of the nature of internal connectivity. AdoreSoftphone2.0/Adore Premium Softphone provides you just that utilizing the GIPS advanced voice engine, that would take care of Adaptive jitter buffer, Packet loss concealment for voice and video, Automatic Gain Control (AGC) for voice, Voice Activity Detection (VAD), Acoustic Echo Cancellation (AEC) and support for speakerphone, Codecs Supported: G.723, G.729, G.711ulaw and G.711alaw, VAD (Voice Activity Detection) to enable voice Customization / Private Labeling: - AdoreSoftphone2.0/Adore Premium Softphone - can also be “Private labeled” for you to create your identity. We can create new set of GUI (called as “skin” in normal terminology) consisting of your company logo, company name and design, as you suggest. For more information on this product please visit , for demo on this product you may please drop us a mail at

    adoreinfo, Nov 18, 2009
  6. Matthew Bates, CSULB

    MobiSnow

    Joined:
    Sep 10, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Free SIP SoftPhone for Android Phones and tabs

    hello,

    MobiSIP is freely available for download from google play. Nice SIP application for end users and voip service providers..

    MobiSnow, Sep 10, 2012